Too many projects 2.7i goodies FS pdx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many projects 2.7i goodies FS pdx

I'm in no hurry to sell this stuff, so if you don't like my price don't buy it :)

885 head rebuilt with a light port and polish (pro3 spec) 500$

Seta pistons 150$

Eveything for 550$

I'm selling this to fund my 731 head swap. I may also be interested in a low miles (under 150k) m20b27

Correct me if I am wrong but 885 head > 731.. Not trying to shit on your thread just curious why you picked 731 over 885

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
    The 731 cylinder head isn't as special as most think. I'd much rather have a nice 885 head on top of the Eta bottom end. As said above by e30leigh the 885 head has larger valves and ports. Contrary to popular belief the 885's stock cam is also better than the 731's cam.

Comment

You are correct, but I don't want to spend the money to rebuild the bottom with the seta pistons.

Regular eta pistons match the 731 head better and you don't lose compression.

The 731 also has a slightly hotter cam and from what I understand the route I'm going will run smoother than a normal 2.7i. I will be having the 731 p&p'd as well so it should be better than most peoples 885 head slapped on an eta block.

Comment

The change in compression does not outweigh the fact that the 885 head flows infinitely better, and motronic 1.3 and tunes all work with it perfectly. Its also much easier to find tunes and support with the 885/eta combo over the 731.

Comment

I've decided to just put the whole m20b23 in my car, I will be having the head port and polished, "i" intake port matched, p&p'd tb and SSSquid is working on a tune for it.

Comment

Good man. See, I know what I'm talking about sometimes.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Good man. See, I know what I'm talking about sometimes.

Sometimes.

Comment

Up

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                  I've decided to just put the whole m20b23 in my car, I will be having the head port and polished, "i" intake port matched, p&p'd tb and SSSquid is working on a tune for it.
                  Will be interested in tune, I want to i my b23 without opening anything up, so a chip for what I want to do would be cool, as I wasn't sure one existed yet.

Comment

Any updates on this chip option? PM and Facebook messages to sssquid have not been responded to and I'm still interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      Any updates on this chip option? PM and Facebook messages to sssquid have not been responded to and I'm still interested.

ATM I've decided not to do it, I chipped my eta and the power increase of the b23 just isn't worth it to reseal and install it, I'll probably just toss the head on my eta and keep chipping away slowly at the 2.7it

Comment

As far as losing compression I didn't notice one bit. But for some reason my early production 84 has always had a lot of spunk. Any how when my tps temporarily worked the other day I was able to bark(going from 3rd to 4th) at 90mph. Way faster than any I car I've been in. But that's just my .02 of course. So I suggest going for the 2.7i with 885 head.
                        sigpic
                        85 swartz/metallic 325E
                        84 alpine 325E
                        85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
                        84 Bronzit 318i/sold
                        purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

Bump price drop 450 Obo need moneys to put my project together!

Comment

Sale pending on head.

I'll let the pistons go for 100$

Comment

Pistons still available, heads gone

Comment

Working...
                              X