This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88BlackS-ETA View Post
    Replaced the outer tie rods that I have had for 2-3 years in my bedroom. Also gave it a good wash to get the tree pollen off of it.

How the hell did you get your bumper to shine like that...

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RobTapps88 View Post
      How the hell did you get your bumper to shine like that...

I havent repolished (touch up) them this year yet so they arnt nearly as shiny as they can be in those pictures.

Stripped the chrome off and polished the bumpers and window trim. Here is the DIY I made.

This was a few years ago and since has been polished a lot more.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Stripped the chrome off and polished the bumpers and window trim.
        Chrome? You have steel bumpers? Mine are aluminum.. no coating.. just super tarnished.. the rear is corroded from salt water and the carriage bolts punched through so I'm gonna go get it tig'd lol

Comment

Chrome? You have steel bumpers? Mine are aluminum.. no coating.. just super tarnished.. the rear is corroded from salt water and the carriage bolts punched through so I'm gonna go get it tig'd lol

They are aluminum and were chromed from factory. Since I stripped them I know for a fact it is chrome and not anodized or clear coat, the coating is way to hard for either anodized or clear coat.

Feedback Thread

Comment

They are aluminum and were chromed from factory. Since I stripped them I know for a fact it is chrome and not anodized or clear coat, the coating is way to hard for either anodized or clear coat.
            Odd.. maybe mine were stripped previous to me buying the car.. thanks for the info though :)

Comment

Living up north, if they were just aluminum, they'd get white and crusty from the salts used on roads... like how cylinder heads and alternator shells can get.

Comment

Originally posted by yellow2000S/R View Post
                Living up north, if they were just aluminum, they'd get white and crusty from the salts used on roads... like how cylinder heads and alternator shells can get.
                Oh I know lol salt is cancer.. I'm dealing with it now

Comment

Just wanted to say I finally got the rear subframe back in after months of procrastinating. Added poly bushings, eccentric tabs, and ss brake lines. Was really discouraged/unmotivated seeing how difficult it was to drop it. Putting it back in only took an hour with help from a friend. Went a lot smoother than anticipated.

Today was a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by iPee View Post
                    Just wanted to say I finally got the rear subframe back in after months of procrastinating. Added poly bushings, eccentric tabs, and ss brake lines. Was really discouraged/unmotivated seeing how difficult it was to drop it. Putting it back in only took an hour with help from a friend. Went a lot smoother than anticipated.

Today was a good day.
                    Nice! How's she ride?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Haha I'm far from done, but glad I got over this hurdle. Smashed my finger at the gym this morning so gonna wait a bit to do up the rest of brake lines and other work where requires more dexterity. Up next is to refresh fron suspension bushings. Oil pan gaskets, timing cover gasket and heater valve/heater core. hopefully after alll of this I'll be done with major projects and just enjoy it on the track.

Comment

I started glassing holes today (the last 3 days)... Can't weld so what do I do lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
                          I drove it to Austin today and got a picture with a Supra :) I didn't wanna be that dick who parks "right next to me when there's ALL THESE SPOTS!" lol.

this my old car haha awesome glad to see a r3v member bought it. you bought it from yeezuskrys right?
                          i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                            this my old car haha awesome glad to see a r3v member bought it. you bought it from yeezuskrys right?
                            Haha you found my other post! I didn't find any R3v user in all the user list.

Comment

Started filling the door and some undercoating

Comment

Klaus got a new timing belt today. The one I took off, installed 7 years ago, has 7,200 miles on it.

Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                                X