No announcement yet.

South African e30 S50b30euro Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^Clearance is clearance no matter how you look at it.
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

For the carbon-fiber dash, dig around s14.net. It's an e30 M3 site, but they have a lot of good, high-quality CF parts for sale occasionally, and I've seen carbon dashes fairly frequently.
      sigpic89 M3

Comment

Oh my this is going to be awesome
        sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
        Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
        NEW One on the track :)
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
        Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

Originally posted by NavyE30 View Post
          For the carbon-fiber dash, dig around s14.net. It's an e30 M3 site, but they have a lot of good, high-quality CF parts for sale occasionally, and I've seen carbon dashes fairly frequently.
          But that would mean I have to convert the car to LHD :p

Comment

ahh, true-

damn thoughtless Americans
            sigpic89 M3

Comment

What I don't understand is this country drives on the CORRECT side of the car/road but we still can't figure out the Metric system...
              :: PNW Crew ::
              '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Lol, I would love the car 2 be LHD then there is no issues with our exhaust manifolds clearing the steering... would make things so much easier not 2 mention a better balanced car.

Here are some pictures of the rims with the front disc... and no calliper.

Here is the rear with the E46 M3 rear disc and calliper.

Sorry they so dark and Blurry... My camera didn't want to focus being so close, and lighting was terrible.

Comment

Ah well, for a track car, most of the time RHD is better anyways ;).
                  E30 Euro-S50B30 Tracktoy
                  E30 M20B25 Drifttoy

Comment

I'm curious why you say that ?

Cause from my experience a LHD is better as the all the directional rotation it towards the right, so a greater load on the left of the car would help negate those rotational forces...

That is the reason why being a country where we drive RHD cars, many of our factory backed teams drive LHD cars... BMW included

Comment

Nice build. Having to add weight at the end of the project woudl be good because you can place all the weight where the passenger seat was whihc is low down and offsets the drivers weight.

I had a look at stripping the dash out and i recon if you strip out a fair amount of that heavy dense foam you shoud beable to get a fair amount of weight out orrrrrrr if rules allow dont put the dash back in. make a bracket off the steering column support braket for the cluster and your done. run a electric heater to get rid of the heavy heater box.

Comment

I was contemplating actually just ditching the dash but I decieded against it, As I want to it the ECU behind it, a central fuse box (where the HVAC controls used to be) , and a whole host of Gauges (Engine Oil Temp, Diff Oil Temp, Gearbox Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Gauge.

Although I might get this nifty thing instead

It runs off Std VDO Senders, so pretty much I can use any VDO pickup to monitor a host of things, and it's a much cleaner look, also he will program warnings for me, one of the readings gets out of it's designated range.

Comment

DAmn this is going to be sick as hell!!!! Keep it up.
                          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Hmmmm im very interested in that little gadget. do you have anymore information on it or where it can be purchased from?

Have you seen this Click here and look at the MXL dash. there are a couple of different versions you can get

Comment

It's made by a guy here in South Africa, he does it as a part time sort of thing.

u can mail him at Derm (at) rondfok.co.za ... and ask for more info. As I dont know all the specs on it.

Those AIM Systems are cool the MXL looks incredibly familier... reminds me of a product that is made by these guys www.gotech.co.za which I've been meaningto enquire about.

Comment

Thanks for the information. i have emailed him. im Like that little device and could look prettyc ool once i change the colour to orange and it will match the alpina guage readout that i have

Comment

Working...
                                X