Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 doors for more whores? (m30 swap project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 doors for more whores? (m30 swap project)

Ok, so I lied. I said I was focusing on another car, but I just said screw it. This car was the first BMW I ever drove, and is what started my love for BMW's (along with some friends cars). It was a mostly bone stock late model 325i with a very strong running motor, big sway bars, bavauto lowering springs, 3.73LSD, Sport Seats, and some other goodies. It was never in any accidents (though I abused it plenty while I was driving it). Here is a picture of it sitting this past summer:

About 1 year ago, it was taken off the road due to the smashed up front valance, messed up passenger side fender (some stupid bitch backed into it with her suburban after some party), and just general dings and dents all over it. So I had found a very clean '89 cirrusblau 325i for $400 w/ a blown timing belt, so we just pulled the drivetrain from this car and put it into the cirrusblau car. This left the poor car to sit, and what we thought was eventually going to be parted out.

But now there is new life that will find it's way in:

Here is the car as it sits now:

Have I been collecting parts for too long?

Some of the stuff to be put on:

I'll try to update here and there, but we'll see. Who knows, it may even get boosted at some point. :p

Ben
    Originally posted by BillBrasky
    E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
    1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
    1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
    1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
    2012 F350 6.7PSD

wow.

Comment

I thought I had a horrible parts pile, damn-age.

Comment

That pile of parts looks like mine...only my pile is in my bedroom. lol
        Nice project btw
        sigpic

Comment

lol. That's not even all of it. I've got a whole shitload of Mk2 GTI/Jetta parts too.
          E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
          2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

:pimp:
            -Chris

Comment

Cool project. You will really notice the difference going fom a m20 to a m30. The amount of low end torque makes a huge difference in how the car drives.
              Matt

sigpic

Comment

OOooo, a green line tach with out the swing meter. Is the cluster for a pre 4/86 car (i think that's the cut off date?) Or for a 4/86+ car?

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post

OOooo, a green line tach with out the swing meter. Is the cluster for a pre 4/86 car (i think that's the cut off date?) Or for a 4/86+ car?
                  Hehe..... I believe this cluster will plug into any car, but the tach signal is for a 4-cylinder car. I pulled the 220km/hr Speedo since I'm just going to use the regular 150mph/hr speedo that was originally in the car. Hopefully it won't be too much hassle.

Also, I've decided when the repaint happens, I'm going to change the exterior color of the car. Door Jams, Engine bay, trunk and everything else will stay Schwarz. The exterior will be Macaoblue which came on some special edition M3's, late model E24's, and early model E34 M5's. It's a badass color IMO.
                  2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

you should paint the bay flat or satin black. its so HOT!!!!!
                    -Chris

Comment

I recognize that dash :)

Good luck with the swap Ben, hopefully yours goes a bit quicker than mine.
                      Byron
                      Leichtbau

Comment

holy props batman !

love what you've got goin' there..
                        I dream of doing an m30 project someday- just for the torque satisfaction..

and that cluster makes my mouth water..
                        (strong dislike for 'swing meter')
                        -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Working...
                        X