• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool project.
    sigpic
    24v swapped

Comment

m21 starters are alot more beefy than m20 starters.. IIRC.
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

looks tight.. good luck.
        Benji

'90 M50 + M3 Tranny e30 - SOLD
        '99 528iT (M5 Rep bumper) - SOLD
        '03 ML350 - For Sale

BIMMERLESS at the moment. :???:

Comment

Finished swapping suspension parts between the cars today, and started on swapping the engines.

Fuel tank out of the diesel(e28 tanks are 100 times easier to drop then e30 tanks)

And here is the old eta engine before I yank it out

I plan to have the eta engine out tommorow, and then start on the wiring and pedal swap. MY goal is to have the car running by the weekend which should be perfectly doable unless I hit some large snag along the way
          85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

You going to put an intercooler on it?
            My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
            There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Ya later on I'm going to throw the intercooler on, I'm going to go ahead and make room for it but I still have to get piping etc.... before I stick it in.

Update:
              M20 is out(Pics will be up in a bit)

Ready to be pulled

Parts starting to pile up

Out she comes

It's out

Empty engine bay
              Last edited by rs4pro3; 03-11-2008, 11:15 AM.

Comment

That last picture looks more like water than a empty engine bay..... did you dump your engine into that bay?
                Tri color fabric for sale here!
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=105922

Comment

Ok pics are working no, that was an old pic I shot one day on a drive, my file uploader was giving me trouble earlier but it's working now.

Got the pedal box in, gas tank out, and about 60% of the wiring done.

Torn apart interior

Nice new pedals

Diesel check control panel wired in

Comment

Nice work! I'm blown away by the fact that you're doing this by learning as you go. Can't wait to see some videos of you using that diesel torque to do a burnout for us. :D

Tim

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                    MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                    | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

well this is the 6th engine swap I've done, so it's no big deal.:pimp:

Comment

i thought i was trippin at first, then i realized the red was a respray. i wanna see a big fat turbo on that sucker.
                        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

More progress

Wiring the c101 plug in for the new engine

Diesel cluster in and all wired up

Hum 5-speed shift lever

Engine is in

I should have it all buttoned up tommorow, still have to install the driveshaft, exhuast, fuel tank, radiator, and put the interior back together.

Comment

Well she runs, fired right up on the first crank after bleeding the fuel system :woowoo:
                            The 5-speed is for sure what the diesel engine needed. I can now hear the turbo starting to spool about 2200 rpm's where as before with the auto you'd never hear it spool up. I don't really feel a big boost in power when the turbo kicks in, but I'm sure this engine needs everything adjusted. I still have to install all the new vacuum lines, and am going to pick up a boost gauge and make sure the waste gate is adjusted correctly. Right now just eyeballing the gas gauge and the odo, it appears to be getting around 30mpg :finger:

Comment

And here are the pics, I'm going to mount the intercooler later on.

Fabbed up temp cold air intake

Interior mostly back together

Comment

I swear... one of these days I'm going to buy you a pressure washer and show you how to clean up your parts... (j/k)

Looking good.. Should make a great economic E28.

Comment

Working...
                                X