Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1989 325i - Beltsville, MD SOLD

SOLD for $2100.

1989 325i, ~175k miles, tan comfort interior.

$2200 or best reasonable offer, not really interested in trades, but will entertain them.

Was to become my rallycross car, but the venue moved farther away, and so I changed my plans for competitive driving to the track. As such the car is mechanically ready to go, starts up perfectly, and would be perfect to go rallycrossing with its stock suspension. Everything except for the mirrors worked at last test, from the sunroof on down.

As for issues, the drivers side front door needs to be replaced to look its best; the right rear quarter just in front of the tail light has been pulled out after being damaged, not a major issue if you keep it waxed; the dash has several small cracks and a plate in the center of the upper dash for some reason; the odometer is nonfunctional; the Volvo lip is held on with zip ties; the basketweaves are just painted black, have no caps, and have mismatched tires; finally, it's bronzit, but that never bothered me!

The pros, it's remarkably rust free, with rust appearing at the quarter panel as mentioned, at the battery tray and at the right front lower fender; a driveshaft with allegedly rebuildable u-joints was installed (I never looked); the oil was changed before parking it, and the car has been run periodically; the interior is quite nice with no glaring issues; the car should have no immediate needs whatsoever.

Test drives are welcome, but it's not tagged, so do so at your own peril. I can say that it was last driven from near Baltimore, MD, about three months ago, to where it sits now with no problems.

*I have the is rear spoiler, but was repainting it when the pictures were taken, will be reinstalled before sale.

Album with video at the bottom: https://plus.google.com/photos/10670...921?banner=pwa

Selected pictures:

Last edited by roguetoaster; 09-08-2014, 05:47 PM.

Trade me shift knobs. I have leather ones.

I'm in Laurel.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Wish it was a coupe i'd be all over this

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
        Trade me shift knobs. I have leather ones.

I'm in Laurel.
        No thanks, I have plenty of them, and the one on the car is just fine!

Originally posted by Kevs87-325is View Post
        Wish it was a coupe i'd be all over this
        Hmm, sedans are better anyway. Ever try to put a set of tires in the back seat of a coupe?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Hmm, sedans are better anyway. Ever try to put a set of tires in the back seat of a coupe?

Yes, two in the trunk two in the back : )

Comment

Originally posted by Kevs87-325is View Post
              Yes, two in the trunk two in the back : )
              Yes, but all of the cool people drive sedans (as long as they're tourings).

Comment

lol well i don't want to be not cool...

Comment

So, no one in the mood for bronzit with a black hood? Make an offer!

*Also, post #1000, now I am officially an enthusiast as r3v is clearly the only arbiter of enthusiasms...

Comment

I know someone wants a reliable and well sorted E30.

Comment

Price drop!

Comment

Not low enough for r3v? Or is it the bronzit?

Comment

It truly is a great car mechanically, the rust is very minimal, would be a great first, second or third E30.

Comment

Comments?

Comment

If only i didnt just pick up another e30ix. I would buy this in heart beat! E30 is like a drug i hear lol. GLWS

Comment

Working...
                              X