What starter to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What starter to use?

My m50tub25 is going to be mated to a g260 from an 87 325i - my question is which starter will I use? Should I use the early model starter or late model?
    Also, is there a difference between the starter on an automatic/manual late model e30? Or will a starter off an automatic car work? Thanks in advance!

You didn't say what flywheel you are using. If you are using an m20 flywheel use a late model m20 starter (it's smaller than the early model). If you using an e36 flywheel use the e36/34 starter.

Comment

My apologies, I am using an m20 single mass flywheel. Can I use a late model starter out of an automatic car or does it have to be out of a manual car? (Idk if there's a difference) thanks!

Comment

I believe they are the same, but check the part number on www.realoem.com to confirm.

Comment

Real OEM says the late model auto and manual starter are the same. Should work then!...I hope. Haha

Comment

late/early auto or manual starter will work, early ones are bigger and you have to hook'em up a little different
            "i love vee tek, its a wonderful sound when you driving right by it"

If you bought anything from me, please leave a feedback here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ghlight=drulle

Comment

Use the starter that matches your flywheel.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
              X