Steering issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering issues

Just got my car back from the shop after having a new oil pan installed. Drive the car home with no issues. Let it sit for an hour than get back in. I immediately notice that in order to go straight i have to keep the steering wheel turned left....I dont know enough to tell if its the steering wheel which is a sparco or something with the steering rack..

Any help would be appreciated before I call the shop back.

they removed and replaced the rack to install the pan and in doing so it was not reinstalled in the exact same positions for the tie rod ends. you need an alignment, not really a fault of the installer just standard procedure when you take out the rack.
    sigpic

Comment

Be careful- if your steering position has changed, the rack may be flopping around loose down there.
      There's no reason to change the length of tie rod ends, etc, so I'd be worried that
      the rack's not bolted to the subframe. Because I'm paranoid.

But then, I also do that sort of thing myself, and catch myself doing all sorts of terrifying shit.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
      X