Oil Pan Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Pan Question

This may be the dumbest question ever, so forgive me in advance for asking. With M50 pans being $300 or more, I've been looking for a cheaper option. Does anyone know if it would be possible to cut up an M20 pan and an M52 pan and weld them together in some kind of abomination that would clear the subframe?

I'm sure you could but to be fair, I've seen the m50 e34 pan setup go for about 200 bucks with the pickup and dipstick tube. They're not as common, but also not super rare.

The only time I've seen someone frankenstein the m20 and m5x pans was for a 325IX 24v swap because you have to retain part of the m20 pan for the front axles, but that's an oddball case. Do it once and do it right is what I've learned over the years. I'll bet if you post a WTB ad, someone will have an e34 pan for you :)

Comment

They aren't going for that much. You can get a decent setup for under $250.
      Look on eBay and also post on the R3VLimited Facebook group. There are plenty of them out there.
      For reference, I paid $200 for the pan, dipstick, sump, and oil level sensor, all pressure washed about 18 months ago.

Comment

I will agree with the OP, the good deals are not as common anymore. I've noticed them averaging around the $300ish

A junkyard would be your best bet honestly. Trying to weld something up and having it either not work out or drain properly may cost you more in the end.
        PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X