Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modded 1986 535i 5spd

It's a Schwarz 86 e28 5 speed. Here are the specs:

230xxx miles on the chassis, 150xxx miles on the motor. The provious owner swapped in an m30b35 motor from an 84 635csi. They have a higher compression ratio and make more power than the m30b34 motor that originally came in the car. This setup is kind of a big deal to e28 guys because it is the most powerful stock for stock NA BMW motor you can swap in the chassis outside of the s38. The PO rebuilt the head during the swap.
    -Dsylva Chip
    -Tesh Catback exhaust
    -SSK
    -Euro Only cloth sport interior
    -M5 clutch
    -NEW suspension techniques springs
    -NEW Bilstein sport dampers
    -NEW center draglink
    -NEW passenger side tierod & Thrust arm
    -NEW Brembo rear rotors & Mintex Pads
    -NEW JVC head unit
    -NEW Falken Ziex 512's on 15x7 Borbet type A's
    -Saab Power moonroof
    and more I am surely forgetting...

The bad:
    The car has some rust and needs paint. It's the classic case of the 10 footer, looks great from 10 feet away. The rusted areas have been sanded and coated in rust bullet, so they should not grow any larger.
    The odometer is broken, this can be fixed with a new odometer gear, but It's not the biggest deal to me personally.
    The bottom of the drivers side euro sport seat needs redone. The material is the same cloth used on the 318is sport seats, I'm sure it could be found through someone.
    Limited Slip rear end only limits the slip when it feels like it! There are no clunks, and no problems with it, I do not expect it to give any problems, the car just dosn't kick out the rear end every time that you want it to.
    Trunk leaks. This could be fixed with a new trunk seal, which I may end up doing.
    Sunroof needs to be tightened.
    Cracked Dash.

I don't know how much you guys know about the m30 motor, but it is bomb proof. The previous owner told me that when he pulled the head on the b35 to rebuild it, the cross hatching was still on the walls of cylinders at 130xxx miles! This motor will run like a champ and never give you any problems for years to come. Hell, you could probably run it with no oil/coolant, wait for it to seize, fill it back up with liquids and start it right back up again.
    Overall, the car is a blast to drive, it pulls hard, sounds great and handles fantastic for a car of it's stature. I am selling it because it is just a bit to big for me, and there is that damn cossie Benz....

Photos will come when I get off work.
    Asking $4k OBO
    "Have no small wrecks. If you are going to loop out and hit something, hit it hard." — H.S.T

interested in a partial trade for a 1977 530i????

Comment

As tempting as an e12 is, I think I am done with fivers for a while. I have my eye on that 190e 16v. Thanks for the offer though.
      "Have no small wrecks. If you are going to loop out and hit something, hit it hard." — H.S.T

Comment

pic pic pic

Comment

Here are some older photos with the TRX's and the old suspension. New pics to come sometime this week when I am not busy and it isn't raining. :)

Comment

detailed pics of the areas with rust?
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

No problem. I will get those when I snap the new pics.

Comment

Wish I could buy this - I've wanted an e28 for so long, specially with the 3.5 motor and a 5spd.

These things are frickin awesome in snow, and a delight to drive!

Someday, I'll have a nice one! :)
                - Sean Hayes

Comment

Man, I wish I was in the market for one, looks nice. Plus most of my family lives in the Quad Cities.
                  -Brandon
                  '86 325es S50
                  '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                  '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                  '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                  S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

man this thing is screaming for a turbo...interested in seeing the extent of the rust

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                    You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Working...
                    X