No announcement yet.

STOLEN - 1986 M-Tech I Panzer Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a fucked up nightmare. As if having your freshly-finished ride stolen wasn't bad enough, now you have to tango with the two-faced sharks from the fuckin insurance company?

My friend is (read: used to be) a freelance IT guy, until his business' storage unit got hit by a crew of guys that rolled in with three box trucks and cleared out the entire complex. The "24-hour" security was mysteriously absent. Insurance is refusing to cough up to anybody, and the storage complex is out of business. Not to mention how many of their clients are probably just as boned as my friend.

Tl,dr; Insurance companies are a bunch of bastards. And it's really depressing that your car hasn't made its way back to you.

Comment

I don't know you, but what am I missing here? Your own insurance company won't talk to you, offered 25% of your provided receipt value, not including labor and original car value, right? And you don't want to go down the lawyer road too fast? Seems like you'll miss the exit soon...

Comment

Originally posted by gasgasrider View Post
        I don't know you, but what am I missing here? Your own insurance company won't talk to you, offered 25% of your provided receipt value, not including labor and original car value, right? And you don't want to go down the lawyer road too fast? Seems like you'll miss the exit soon...
        I don't know where you are getting your information or what world you live in, but you are grossly off base and misinformed.

They lawyered up because they screwed up, knew it, got called out by the insurance commission, and wanted to cover their asses.

Progress is being made, but it's the equivalent of pulling a full mouth of teeth while inebriated, half blind, arthritic, and using needle nose pliers from harbor freight that are 10 years old.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
          I don't know where you are getting your information or what world you live in, but you are grossly off base and misinformed.

They lawyered up because they screwed up, knew it, got called out by the insurance commission, and wanted to cover their asses.

Progress is being made, but it's the equivalent of pulling a full mouth of teeth while inebriated, half blind, arthritic, and using needle nose pliers from harbor freight that are 10 years old.
          I think he meant is why haven't you contacted a lawyer

Comment

I actually have consulted with two different attorneys on this, but am not having them represent me. They are just giving me guidance, it's much less expensive, takes less time, and you get near the same result.
            sigpic

Comment

Dude that's horrible. I just had my e30 cashed out and they gave me 4500. Would have really loved to see your ride all done up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Damn, I have been paranoid about how I can get my car insured for what I have into it and I have Progressive also. Any advice so others dont get screwed? Im seriously pulling for you, totally blows that nothing has happened.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Most insurance wont care if, you have wheels, coils, a swap etc. They give you fairmarket value or "what there going for" if you can prove it. And unless you have an insurance company like Haggerty, you usually cannot insure your car for a total value or stated value, and unless you have full coverage, you get boned if your car gets stolen, they don't cover unless you have that on your policy.

Hope something happens soon Curt : /

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                    I feel like throwing up when I see this :(

My heart breaks for you, sir.
                    Me too. :( I can't imagine loosing my e30 or truck.
                    Last edited by DER E30; 06-09-2014, 11:22 AM.
                    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                    Originally posted by roguetoaster
                    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                      Most insurance wont care if, you have wheels, coils, a swap etc. They give you fairmarket value or "what there going for" if you can prove it. And unless you have an insurance company like Haggerty, you usually cannot insure your car for a total value or stated value, and unless you have full coverage, you get boned if your car gets stolen, they don't cover unless you have that on your policy.

Hope something happens soon Curt : /
                      hmm, thats some bullshit. I already have full coverage, but still feel like I would get screwed. Im living in SoCal and people like to drive as if they are qualifying for the destruction derby so Im going to be paranoid.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                        Im living in SoCal and people like to drive as if they are qualifying for the destruction derby so Im going to be paranoid.
                        My brother used to say that in Cali you have to drive like an asshole to survive.

Comment

This is true. Soemtimes, I give people the right of way and they dont know wtf is going on.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                            This is true. Soemtimes, I give people the right of way and they dont know wtf is going on.
                            So true. Best part is when they act like you can't drive when they're clearly in the wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                            ~Stay Thirsty~

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin_Button View Post
                              So true. Best part is when they act like you can't drive when they're clearly in the wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                              This is a constant battle and seriously irritating.
                              sigpic
                              Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

update..
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X