No announcement yet.

Resurrection of my coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just through it all. A lot of good stuff!

Comment

Updates? I changed my oil. :) But seriously, I recently got back from the 2013 Vintage at the Vineyards meet. I had a great time as always. It was my 7th time but the last 4 times, I took my cabrio. Not this time. Since an autox and parade laps at VIR were planned, I knew that the coupe had to go. I have never done autox nor tracked the coupe so the plan was to get a GoPro to document my 1st's. What a blast! The car performed perfectly. Everything was wel balanced.

Anyways, here are some vids. Not the greatest audio but its at least something.

1st attempt at autox...

2nd...

3rd...

And the VIR (spirited) parade lap. Not sure why the GoPro cut this clip in half but thats what happened
      Pt1

Pt2

Cheers!

COTM

Comment

Just read through this whole build, its exactly how I want to build up mine. Thanks for the motivation lol

Comment

I love this build. You sir do great work, enjoyed reading all of your builds thoroughly. A+.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
            I love this build. You sir do great work, enjoyed reading all of your builds thoroughly. A+.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments fellas. Here are some shots from the above autox I forgot to add.

Cheers.

COTM

Comment

update?
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                  update?
                  Yes, but not a happy one. I have just sold my pride and joy. :( It was really tough to see it drive away for the last time. Im going to keep this post short as its not too much fun, after all that car and i have been through, to write about. I will use its funds to focus on the cabrio and maybe another project that I have been longing for for a while. These are the last pix I took...last weekend. So long my friend.

Time to start a mild build for this.

COTM

Comment

On to the next phase!!! Stroker stroker stroker
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

RZs on the back of the vert look dope
                      We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                        On to the next phase!!! Stroker stroker stroker
                        Ha, not in the plans. Ive been in one and for the amount of work/money it would be 24v again. Its going to be S5x or nothing...so far. Who knows what I will do with the engine in the cabrio. Plans are still holding firm with new leathers and a 5spd swap. After that, not sure. the M20 is going to stay for the time being.
                        Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
                        RZs on the back of the vert look dope
                        Well thank you sir.

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                          Yes, but not a happy one. I have just sold my pride and joy. :( It was really tough to see it drive away for the last time. Im going to keep this post short as its not too much fun, after all that car and i have been through, to write about. I will use its funds to focus on the cabrio and maybe another project that I have been longing for for a while. These are the last pix I took...last weekend. So long my friend.
                          What? Wait? Bummer! Guess I was too far down the waiting list...
                          :(
                          Dave
                          -----
                          (OO=[][]=OO)
                          _E30 FAN_

My E30's

Comment

Working...
                          X