No announcement yet.

Resurrection of my coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I have seen this car and I remember that CL ad, this is gonna be nice.

Comment

I hear ya, Im on the same coast as you. :)

When I bought my 318 in my sig last year this month it was just suppose to be my DD.
      I was like well I will do the brakes and call it a day. Well I started ordering brakes and got a box of this stuff 3 days later.

The box that came a week later for the rear wasnt any better.
      Now look at the damn thing in my sig. haha. I know exactly how it all goes down.

Comment

Where did you get new center caps for the wheels? I have the same ones and one is broken. :) Nice looking build going along there.

Comment

Nice start off! And I love the tread, my favorite tire hands down. The look of the tread is second to none IMO.
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by evilnickwong View Post
            Where did you get new center caps for the wheels? I have the same ones and one is broken. :) Nice looking build going along there.
            Well, when I bought the 2 better ones, he had three caps so I had to search for the 4th. The only thing that I could find close enough to work was a zender car. It was a touch to big to snap in but the outter diameter was good. Not really a problem with a bit of sanding of the tabs. I got the extra cap from ZMbluedevil. Thanks!

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
            Nice start off! And I love the tread, my favorite tire hands down. The look of the tread is second to none IMO.
            Thanks. I really wanted to be real detailed on this thread but its getting tougher to do that with time as a premium. The good news is that all of the above parts are going in tomorrow.

COTM

Comment

Updates! Well like most projects it took a bit more work (monnies) that originally planned but thats ok because it was well worth it in the end...i think anyway.

I went to my buddies new place/garage (e30rapidic) to get some assistance. I wanted to get this done as soon as possible so many steps are left out here is a few.

Here is the front end about out. In the end I wound up replacing the outer tie rods and the front sway links. I needed them anyway and I was there anyway...its just money. :)

We didnt want to fak around with the m3 bushings install so I just dropped it off a a local machine shop. Removal of CAB and reinstall new CAB with control arms. One of the gland nuts holding on the Bilstein HDs wanted to be a PITA so we had the shop do that too. The best $45 spent that day!

Rears in.

Waiting to be run...HARD!

A rare pic of his cabrio.

Its coming together...

During this time I just needed to get things done so no pix of all said installed but it looked so nice seeing all new hardware. I think there is nothing better topping off a nice buildup than a new Roundel

Unsettled and painfully dirty. Its just dayum cold to do anything outside.

The stance is exactly where I wanted it. The wheels are dead on and the few miles I put on it is nice and tight. I will get better pix when I can wash the car without the bucket freezing over!

Cheers!

COTM

Comment

Dang.. that looks great! OEM+ as I've ever seen.

Comment

Looks really nice!
                  Love the wheels!!
                  And that red vert ohhhhh sexy
                  sigpic
                  1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
                  1987 325ic Black Vert
                  1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
                  1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

looks and handles great!
                    '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
                      looks and handles great!
                      Yes sir, it does!

I put some pix on the members rides section but I wanted to add to this thread. At least they are different angles. Now that the suspension has settled down, I think its right on...for me anyways.

Next is to give some attention to the paint. I did try a small area on the truck with some wetsanding (1k, 1.5, and 2k) then polished. I was amazed on how well this worked. I get some pix of this soon.

COTM

Comment

i like your wheel fitment, thats literally spot on. aggressive enough to look, but not so ridiculous that it hurts performance.
                        My feedback:
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                        @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Perfect stance. Wheel gap, rake, tire sidewall to rim size are a total homerun.

I'll bet it looks even 10x better in a rolling shot.... again, very well done.

Comment

I would kill for my coupe to be that clean! I literally got online today looking to see an update, Sunday was nice enough to wash cars so I figured you would be on it! Too bad it hasn't stopped raining since then.

Epic work bro, looking fantastic as always! Let me know if you need paint assistance!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxDriver86 View Post
                              I would kill for my coupe to be that clean! I literally got online today looking to see an update, Sunday was nice enough to wash cars so I figured you would be on it! Too bad it hasn't stopped raining since then.

Epic work bro, looking fantastic as always! Let me know if you need paint assistance!
                              Thanks! I still want to do a respray but I think the paint still has some life in it. Once it gets even better outside, I can see how far I can get to paint to come back without the spray bottle freezing up. Stop on by when you get in town on biz. :up:

COTM

Comment

Very nice - I'm a fan! Shoot, you have too many nice rides. You should sell me one of them! ;)
                                Dave
                                -----
                                (OO=[][]=OO)
                                _E30 FAN_

My E30's

Comment

Working...
                                X