Need some help with guibo removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help with guibo removal

Anyone in the Towson/Baltimore/695 area want to come over and help me? Could maybe offer up some beer or something. Yesterday, I removed the exhaust and replaced my motor mounts, as well as removed the heat shield and all the other prep work for replacing the guibo. Today, I spent 4 hours out there pushing, budging and trying to get creative and didn't get a single bolt out.

Here is the thread I posted earlier in transmission and drivetrain, just so you know how I was trying to do things: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=213611
    Last edited by jdvorwe; 07-03-2011, 03:39 PM.
    Originally posted by trackjunkie21
    when there is a choice between an e36 and another car, you choose the other car.

Not sure if this will work for you but, I have used the jack to pry on one end of the wrench and use the weight of the car to break it loose

Comment

Sounds scary. An impact gun would be useful for this job. Maybe even one of the cheap plug in ones from autozone. Not sure what tq they get to but it might be enough to help. I take them off all day long with my Snap-On 1/2" electric and a wrench :)

Comment

i vote impact gun
        Originally posted by blunttech
        r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Yeah, my mom's boyfriend said he thinks he has one (a impact wrench), hoping he does so I can borrow it.

If not, guess I'll have to find a place that rents them. Not trying to drop 150-200 on a tool right now. Unless one of you guys wants to come lend me one?? :D

And yeah, i've tried just about all the options I can think of/people have said except Toadlegs. I only have one jack and it is supporting my transmission, so that one is impossible. lol.
          when there is a choice between an e36 and another car, you choose the other car.

Comment

call home depot. i know they rent tools.

Comment

Use three box end wrenches, apply force on bolt head while the other wrench on the nut finds something to stop on. You can use a (3rd) bigger box end hooked to the moving wrench for more leverage. (best results with cross member attached to chassis and good gloves)
              sigpic
              Reich und Roll!

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
                call home depot. i know they rent tools.
                Is it free like an autoparts store or do you have to pay?

Comment

Working...
                X