This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cmybimmer View Post
    yessir, was there for 9 hours lol. Might go there again later today :) shoulda said wassup
    9 hours? Are you working there now? :D

Couldnt stop. I was with my cousins heading down to the bars :rofl:

Comment

anyone want an e46?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewdown View Post
        9 hours? Are you working there now? :D

Couldnt stop. I was with my cousins heading down to the bars :rofl:
        Nahh was studying there all day lol. Was there damn near longer than the workers shifts :rofl:

Comment

Realistically, how hard is it to get into college? My dad is fully convinced that nothing I do is adequate, he things I'm super fucking smart and I should have above a 4.0, but I'm struggling right now and have like a mid 3.something. Average acceptance for UCLA from my school is a 4.4, and according to him most people go to SJ State or comparable schools (from my high school). Any thoughts?
          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by cmybimmer View Post
            Nahh was studying there all day lol. Was there damn near longer than the workers shifts :rofl:
            Oh i see :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
              Realistically, how hard is it to get into college? My dad is fully convinced that nothing I do is adequate, he things I'm super fucking smart and I should have above a 4.0, but I'm struggling right now and have like a mid 3.something. Average acceptance for UCLA from my school is a 4.4, and according to him most people go to SJ State or comparable schools (from my high school). Any thoughts?
              I think the UCs have gotten very competitive for students coming right out of high school. Out of state schools are usually easier to get in to. If you dont get into the schools that you want consider community college. It did wonders for me... The one that I went to had a Transfer Agreement with a number of UCs, so it was pretty easy for me to get into Davis. I never would have gotten in out of high school... I had like a 2.8 :rofl:

Comment

We were just talking about this in So-Cal Chat lol
                The consensus was that going to a 4-year university for your first 2 years is stupid. Work hard in High-School, AP classes and the lot to get some GE's covered, but when it comes to colleges, its much easier on you and your wallet if you just go to a junior college. Classes are generally easy, and thats what you want for GEs so you can have a decent buffer where upper-division courses start coming your way. Get at least a 3.5gpa in CC and then just wait as colleges come knocking at your door for them to admit you (not really, but you'll get into a lot of colleges having finished your GEs and a mid 3.x GPA). Going to a University for 2 years where none of the classes actually count for anything in life is a poor fiscal decision, and with transferring, you still get you degree from that school, but your education was much cheaper and easier than that compared to someone who stuck it out all 4 years.

I got into CSULB (which is one of the most competitive for Engineering down here in So-Cal, on top of adding an impacted major admission) with a 3.5 out of high school. If your around there, you shouldn't be worried

So-Cal, Future Nor-Cal says hi
                Last edited by JinormusJ; 04-18-2012, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewdown View Post
                  I think the UCs have gotten very competitive for students coming right out of high school. Out of state schools are usually easier to get in to. If you dont get into the schools that you want consider community college. It did wonders for me... The one that I went to had a Transfer Agreement with a number of UCs, so it was pretty easy for me to get into Davis. I never would have gotten in out of high school... I had like a 2.8 :rofl:
                  Did you go to a community college in CA?
                  Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                  The consensus was that going to a 4-year university for your first 2 years is stupid. Work hard in High-School, AP classes and the lot to get some GE's covered, but when it comes to colleges, its much easier on you and your wallet if you just go to a junior college of your choice after that and pack out your GEs, get at least a 3.5gpa, and wait as colleges come knocking at your door for them to admit you (not really, but you'll get into a lot of colleges having finished your GEs and a mid 3.x GPA). Going to a University for 2 years where none of the classes actually count for anything in life is a poor fiscal decision, and with transferring, you still get you degree from that school, but your education was much cheaper compared to that of someone who stuck it out all 4 years.

That's what I think too. I asked my dad about it and all he said was to not necessarily count on getting into a good/great school after 2 years at a JC. And if you'll excuse my ignorance, what's a GE?
                  The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                  Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                  2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                  2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

The consensus was that going to a 4-year university for your first 2 years is stupid. Work hard in High-School, AP classes and the lot to get some GE's covered, but when it comes to colleges, its much easier on you and your wallet if you just go to a junior college of your choice after that and pack out your GEs, get at least a 3.5gpa, and wait as colleges come knocking at your door for them to admit you (not really, but you'll get into a lot of colleges having finished your GEs and a mid 3.x GPA). Going to a University for 2 years where none of the classes actually count for anything in life is a poor fiscal decision, and with transferring, you still get you degree from that school, but your education was much cheaper compared to that of someone who stuck it out all 4 years.

I forgot to mention the GE thing... That's another reason to consider a CC. You can get an IGETC certification which takes care of your GEs and you can also take the lower division classes in your major, which will save you a lot of time and money at your UC. Lower division classes are usually a joke at UCs anyways. Theyre usually at least 100+ students :tsk:

Comment

And if you'll excuse my ignorance, what's a GE?
                      No worries, we've all been there; happy to help :)

Just general education. English, Basic Math, Art, History, etc. I say its all total garbage, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

You gotta remember your pops just wants whats best for you aswell ;)
                      His concern and over-protection for your future could come off as slave-master demanding at times, but he's just trying to push you to succeed. Just do your best and find out exactly whats best for you. You'll stumble like a baby newborn horse, but eventually you'll find your knees and be able to walk straight. Best of luck yo! :up:
                      Definitely considr Community College for your GEs though. Its something I'm kicking myself in the butt for not doing first, but we all learn eventually. Luckily most of my units transfer from my University to the PA program I just got admitted to at Davis, but I would have saved enough to buy 3 e30s if I would have just done CC from the get go, especially with tuition doubling every 2 years almost now.

Comment

Did you go to a community college in CA?

That's what I think too. I asked my dad about it and all he said was to not necessarily count on getting into a good/great school after 2 years at a JC. And if you'll excuse my ignorance, what's a GE?
                        Yep, I went to DVC in Pleasant Hill. I was there before the big budget cuts of the past few years, but at the time it was a great school and it had a lot of transfer agreements (TAGs) with state schools and UCs. I dont know what close to you in Los Gatos... maybe De Anza, but I've heard some so-so things about them. If you want to get some more info on them you can try posting here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=650148 one of the guys in that thread went to De Anza.

GE is general education. All colleges require you to fulfill certain GE requirements so that you become a well rounded student and human being :rofl: Each school has different requirements though, so it might be wise to look into doing the IGETC, which is a standardized GE certification that is accepted at all UCs and CSUs I think.

Comment

go to community college out of high school.

transfer to sjsu college of engineering (ranked in the top 10 nationwide)

have cocaine stripper parties on the weekends. done.

Comment

No worries, we've all been there; happy to help :)

Just general education. English, Basic Math, Art, History, etc. I say its all total garbage, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

You gotta remember your pops just wants whats best for you aswell ;)
                            His concern and over-protection for your future could come off as slave-master demanding at times, but he's just trying to push you to succeed. Just do your best and find out exactly whats best for you. You'll stumble like a baby newborn horse, but eventually you'll find your knees and be able to walk straight. Best of luck yo! :up:
                            Definitely considr Community College for your GEs though. Its something I'm kicking myself in the butt for not doing first, but we all learn eventually. Luckily most of my units transfer from my University to the PA program I just got admitted to at Davis, but I would have saved enough to buy 3 e30s if I would have just done CC from the get go, especially with tuition doubling every 2 years almost now.
                            PA program? Have fun at Davis :D Thats my alma mater

Comment

Thanks bud! Heard its tough, but half my tuition is being paid for cause my mom is officially a nursing-instructor-in-the-making there and my commute is literally 10 minutes from the house were looking to buy. The future looks bright! :-D

Comment

Thanks bud! Heard its tough, but half my tuition is being paid for cause my mom is officially a nursing-instructor-in-the-making there and my commute is literally 10 minutes from the house were looking to buy. The future looks bright! :-D
                                Thats cool. That nursing program is brand new, right? I got a good break on tuition also, as the child of a vet. What is the PA program though?

Where are you looking at for your house?

By the way, Sorry guys if I have invaded your NGC thread. Usama sucked me in... so blame him Anywho, I'm Drew and the white 318is in my sig is my girlfriends, which I maintain... or try to :rofl: Its a pleasure to be here in your fine general chat thread ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X