Projekt Slow As Shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Projekt Slow As Shit

So here's my vehicle as she currently sits in relatively stock format. A well maintained 1987 ETA sitting on Bilstein shocks and Mtech springs. Soon to be ripped open by Robert at E30 Motorwerks whose shop is two blocks away.

The engine is going to be a Hybrid ETA which should be rather unique. Something that hasn't been done before to Robert or my own knowledge. The idea and goal is to create a really torquey and responsive everyday fun car that doesn't need to be wound out to have fun and still get decent mileage. A great daily driver in all of the sense.

The building blocks of which will include...

-885 Head modified for ETA Cam
    -ETA Manifold
    -I Throttle Body
    -Custom Pistons 86mm / 9.5:1 Compression
    -130mm Rods, Reconditioned
    -ETA 81mm Crank
    -Crank Scraper
    -Fresh Clutch
    -Lightened Flywheel
    -Chip (suggestions?)
    -3.23 Differential (Hopefully)

With the above in mind, I'm looking for an appropriate project name. A simple phrase or a single word that encapsulates the direction I'm going in. Something that I can use to name my build, tag in photos, and possible get a little die cut vinyl of for the car.

Post em up, I'm open to hearing them!

I'll do my best to keep everyone updated as the engine build and installation is happening between now and mid August and I will be away for that duration of time in Yosemite. I'll be sure to post up the photos that I get from Robert as they come in for all to see.

Getting the ball rolling today! Projekt _______ is a go!
    Last edited by 6SPD; 08-08-2013, 04:58 PM.
    À la folie

Hybrid?
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
      Hybrid?
      Hybrid.

Noun
      A thing made by combining two different elements; a mixture

Adjective
      Of mixed character; composed of mixed parts

"I" Head w/ "E" internals (Cam)
      À la folie

Comment

Originally posted by 6SPD View Post
        The building blocks of which will include...

ETA Cam

Projekt Slow as Shit ?

Do post a dyno chart when you are done.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Project: "i-could-have-had-a-v8"?

;)
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            Do post a dyno chart when you are done.
            A Dyno chart will definitely be in order down the line after a full exhaust, don't you worry
            À la folie

Comment

"i" throttle housing on an ETA manifold??

Are you sticking with motoronic 1.0?

Comment

Originally posted by red325ix View Post
                "i" throttle housing on an ETA manifold??

Are you sticking with motoronic 1.0?
                Not entirely sure which manifold. We're retaining the original engine management that came with the ETA, definitely chipping it.
                À la folie

Comment

interesting build idea. the car looks great on the borbet's in all it's early model glory! :up:

for tuning, contact mark d of E.A.T chips in toronto. he has a chip for the eta 027 DME.

Comment

From the first picture, I thought of Alley, or Allie, or Alie, or some play on that name.

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                      interesting build idea. the car looks great on the borbet's in all it's early model glory! :up:

for tuning, contact mark d of E.A.T chips in toronto. he has a chip for the eta 027 DME.
                      I'm excited for this build. The goal is in the powerband. To have a nice really torquey m20 to get that get up and go for a daily driver.
                      À la folie

Comment

Made some movements this past weekend.

Dropped the whole rear subframe to swap in some AKG rear subframe bushings, rtab's, diff bushing, and 3.46lsd sourced here on R3V. Along with some offset forward control arm bushings, also from AKG.

Haven't had much time to drive it since finishing it late last night, but I'm getting an alignment tomorrow morning and should be golden as far as bushing work goes. Everything went reasonably smoothly and was a solid experience considering the most car work I've done prior to this was a single (yes one) oil change...

Here are some photos by yours truly

If any of you have read the prior posts about the engine, it's currently on hold. Robert at E30MotorWerks has apparently been swamped with work and hasn't been able to touch the head or block he has for me. So it's currently on hold and money is getting a slight squeeze. I've been thinking lately, do I want the really torquey custom ETA that spins to a little over 6k or a 2.7I that has a good powerband but is higher up and you have to work for it.. I've had a bit of time to think since it hasn't happened yet.

Anyways, Thanks for Looking!

-D
                        Last edited by 6SPD; 08-20-2013, 09:25 PM. Reason: typo per usual
                        À la folie

Comment

Change of plans with the power plant!

E30 Motor Werks has been extremely busy and my build has been sidelined for the past few months and little to no progress has occurred. Which had got me thinking about going with a stroker build instead, who doesn't want more revs right?

So now I'm going with a 2.8 Build.

Came across all I need for a new bottom end.

-S52 Rods (cleaned, polished, balanced)
                          -Custom Ross Racing Pistons - 85mm Bore - 10:1 compression
                          -ETA Crank (cleaned, polished, balanced)

Picked it all up for a grand even. Now just need to sort out what I'm doing for a head.

Now that I'm looking at doing an "I" swap into an early model ETA does anyone have an suggestions of what else I should look to acquire, performance parts wise?

Need to get
                          -Late Model wiring harness
                          -173 Ecu
                          -AFM (suggestions? Regular "I"?)

Chime on in mates

Cheers,

D
                          À la folie

Comment

keep up the good work!

Comment

Always wanted to build an M20 stroker. I like where this is going.

Comment

Working...
                              X