My fathers 1984 Hennarot coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fathers 1984 Hennarot coupe

As many of you know I own a pretty stupid, v8 swapped late model coupe, so I will go ahead and warn you that this will not be as exciting of a build.

A few months ago my father decided he wanted a fun weekend car, and after my friend found a shell for sale while I was at college, he got to building it. The shell was a 1984 Hennarot coupe, with GC coil conversion, new Bilsteins, all new brakes and lines, mostly complete interior, pop out windows etc etc. My friend bought and refreshed an "i" engine for it, and it's running a 2.93 diff.

A LOT of this thread will be bringing this worn out car back to life. I've been driving it for a week or so now(while I fix my car) and I have simply fallen in love with it. Even faded, the color is stunning in person.

So anyway, here's where it stood a few weeks ago, once we got it up and running.

Started messing around with a shift knob idea.

The car was without a head unit of any kind, any front speaker wiring and pretty ghetto rigged rear wiring. I fixed all of that, rewired everything and threw some speakers in, fixed some interior pieces and vacuumed. Plan is to spray the carpet and rear seats black, to finish the big interior projects.

My friend also gave me a maplight mirror for free, so I put that in, still need to wiring it in.

Work was slow on saturday, so I got to wash the car.

Today I decided to give it a good wax, not thinking that I should have done cutting compound and polish first. So I'll be removing the wax and doing all that soon, but on to pics.

before

after

In this, right side has wax, center does not

I ended the day by polishing some of the trim pieces, here's a comparison pic

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

To find a henna on the east coast is near impossible.

FML do want.

Doesnt it feel nice to be in a properly assembled e30?
    1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
    1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
    1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
    1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
      To find a henna on the east coast is near impossible.

FML do want.

Doesnt it feel nice to be in a properly assembled e30?
      It feels nice to have an interior.

Regardless, it still handles wonderfully, and, despite being the slowest thing on wheels, is such an absolute joy to drive.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Looks great, and it cannot be the slowest...it is not an m10 auto ;) Or worse, a carb Ford swap that does not move half the time hehe jk

Not.
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

That color is gorgeous
          Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

Ughhh...my reasonable dream e30...still it to meeeeee

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

i really want this.

i like where you're going with the shift knob, btw.

Comment

dig it :up:

Comment

Originally posted by dillon7 View Post
                  That color is gorgeous
                  It really is.

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                  Ughhh...my reasonable dream e30...still it to meeeeee
                  Originally posted by evandael View Post
                  i really want this.

i like where you're going with the shift knob, btw.
                  Thanks dude!

Originally posted by EREKSHUN View Post
                  dig it :up:
                  Thanks!

I'll pass the compliments on :)

Go here be happy!

Comment

I've done a bunch of things in the past few weeks that are pretty boring and I don't have pics of, so I'll keep going from today.

Put the wheels from Gretta on, unfortunately one of the rear spacers(20mm all around) pretty much welded itself to the hub. I got a pair from a friend, but the hub size is something crazy big, so unfortunately, that won't work. I'll probably just end up ordering a new pair, but here they are in the meantime.

Threw one of Gretta's fixed back Corbeaus in, love these seats.

Picked up on of those $20 suction mount, phone holders. Absolutely love it.

I had a few spare mats from work/ my garage, but unfortunately, none of them were e30 ones/ a close fit. So I ended up cutting a notch out of some Acura ones for the gas pedal(passenger side just sat down) and threw some Maxima rear mats in the back. The mat kept sliding forward and hitting the gas pedal, because it had no hold down. simple fix.

Painted the mirrors black, old coat was pretty worn.

Decided I wanted to spruce up the interior a little bit, and I had some spare wood pieces lying around. I had an idea, got a piece of cardboard, and made a templet for the little section directly below the dash, in front of the coin holder and shifter. Came out alright, though I messed it up a little so I may redo it later on. Happy with it for now, especially using the tools I had on sight...

I'll get a pic of it installed when there's more light.

Lastly for today, I got a little tired of the custom shift boot I had in the car, so I grabbed the stock one that was in Gretta, and put it in.

Go here be happy!

Comment

yeah... so... uhh... I'm probably gonna just steal this from you.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

How does your dad feel about the racing seat? lolololol
                        1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                        1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                        1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                        1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Love the car, man, very jealous! What's going on with the front lip? Is the valence underneath it mangled?
                          Originally posted by LJ851
                          kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                          ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                          #teamross
                          Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

damn there couldn't be a better combo for a early model, looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
                              Love the car, man, very jealous! What's going on with the front lip? Is the valence underneath it mangled?
                              The car was original an eta, which didn't have an oil cooler. So when the "I" engine was put in, there was no where else to put the oil cooler so it's pushing the valance out making the lip sit really weird.

I'm on the lookout for an "i" valance to instal for him.

And thank you! Sure is beautiful.

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                              How does your dad feel about the racing seat? lolololol
                              He actually loves it! Haha. Not that's he's driven it more than maybe 3 times or so...

Originally posted by ltz Viper View Post
                              damn there couldn't be a better combo for a early model, looks awesome
                              Thanks man!

Go here be happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X