Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When buying megasquirt did you guys read the faq?
    So boring but I want to understand

Comment

There shouldn't be an issue exchanging the money at your bank. The teller or person helping didn't know what they were doing lol. The fact they asked YOU what the rate/amount was is a huge WTF. There's an exchange sheet they can pull up on their computer.

Tell them to go to FCO -> FX rates -> FX rate top right, if you have the balls to embarrass them lol

It's no different than any other currency to exchange in terms of procedure.

What's up with your MS?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
        It is a giant PIA to exchange Argentinian Pesos, thats why they said they cannot do it, and why she said if it was only 5 or 10 bucks its not worth it.

I recently had family travel to Argentina and when you exchange into Pesos there they very clearly state, keep your exchange receipt otherwise you will not be able to exchange back to dollars while still in Argentina and wont be able to at all outside of Argentina.

By rule apparently in the states they are allowed to exchange it IF you have the original receipt, but most places will not regardless.

Why do you have pesos anyway?
        Hm, interesting. Well I'm going to try again and hope for the best. My dads side of the family is from Argentina. So my aunt gave me some and after seeing what it's worth, I'll be exchanging since I won't be visiting anytime soon.
        Originally posted by ak- View Post
        There shouldn't be an issue exchanging the money at your bank. The teller or person helping didn't know what they were doing lol. The fact they asked YOU what the rate/amount was is a huge WTF. There's an exchange sheet they can pull up on their computer.

Tell them to go to FCO -> FX rates -> FX rate top right, if you have the balls to embarrass them lol

It's no different than any other currency to exchange in terms of procedure.
        Yeah I figured there shouldn't be an issue. I'll head over tomorrow and see if they can.

LOL, I'll be sure to tell them if they also seem like they don't know what they're doing.

Thanks!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
        my feedback thread

Comment

Nothing looking at which ms to buy.

Comment

There shouldn't be an issue exchanging the money at your bank.
            Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
            Hm, interesting. Well I'm going to try again and hope for the best. My dads side of the family is from Argentina. So my aunt gave me some and after seeing what it's worth, I'll be exchanging since I won't be visiting anytime soon.
            Thanks!
            The issue is not whether or not you can lookup the exchange rate, its that Argentina Pesos are basically worthless outside of Argentina.

I know this is not a real article, but for reference, http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...Argentina.html

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
            Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
              MS3 obviously.

Comment

The issue is not whether or not you can lookup the exchange rate, its that Argentina Pesos are basically worthless outside of Argentina.

I know this is not a real article, but for reference, http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...Argentina.html
                1 Argentinian Peso is ~ .11c USD at the moment.
                I've exchanged currency for customers from countries less than that haha.
                The fact that they told Travis it's not worth it if it's $5 - $10 USD is kind of a slap in the face - they should of done it for him regardless, so I'm pretty sure they just had no idea what they were doing.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                  You probably wont use anything more than what WhodWho has to offer on his PNP start up kits and I have a tuner that is very familiar with MS once you get it to help you out.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

The fact that they told Travis it's not worth it if it's $5 - $10 USD is kind of a slap in the face - they should of done it for him regardless, so I'm pretty sure they just had no idea what they were doing.
                    Well I get that it maybe should have been handled differently, but just out of curiosity while putting rent into my joint account with my wife at Chase I asked what the current exchange rate was for Argentinian pesos, she said she had to get the manager, and he told me that Chase will not exchange Argentinian Pesos and asked how I acquired them, I said a family friend had sent them to me but I didnt have them with me. He said your best bet is a few online currency exchange programs may buy them, but it would be for less than the current exchange rate. He didnt say why just that it was Chase's Policy.

But either way Im over it

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                    Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Wonder why that is because I also went to verify and associates looked at me confused saying it's no different. Then again, some banks have different policies for example money laundering prevention precaution steps are different at Chase vs Bofa.

Sudan, Syria, Cuba, North Korea, and Iran are currency we aren't allowed to exchange.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Cuba still?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Hey guys I just saw the biggest spider I've ever seen around these parts.
                          I believe it could of been either a brown recluse or a huntsman spider.

I don't know what to think now. It was very large for a spider. Really wide wingspan.

Comment

If anyone is selling a 5spd e30 hit me up. Back in the market :p Late model, early model, not too picky on color. Let me know what you've got!

Comment

Well I get that it maybe should have been handled differently, but just out of curiosity while putting rent into my joint account with my wife at Chase I asked what the current exchange rate was for Argentinian pesos, she said she had to get the manager, and he told me that Chase will not exchange Argentinian Pesos and asked how I acquired them, I said a family friend had sent them to me but I didnt have them with me. He said your best bet is a few online currency exchange programs may buy them, but it would be for less than the current exchange rate. He didnt say why just that it was Chase's Policy.

But either way Im over it
                              Wonder why that is because I also went to verify and associates looked at me confused saying it's no different. Then again, some banks have different policies for example money laundering prevention precaution steps are different at Chase vs Bofa.

Sudan, Syria, Cuba, North Korea, and Iran are currency we aren't allowed to exchange.
                              So went to my local branch and after about 10 minutes of doing something on her computer, she said that there is no record for that bill in the system and that I should try an independent currency exchange place. It's quite a bit of money, and I know if I go to an independent place they will rape me. So I'm not sure what to do at this point. Maybe I'll hang on to it for now.
                              Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                              Hey guys I just saw the biggest spider I've ever seen around these parts.
                              I believe it could of been either a brown recluse or a huntsman spider.

I don't know what to think now. It was very large for a spider. Really wide wingspan.
                              Fuck that. I was reading victims of brown recluse spider bites, and nope. Just no. Scientist are worried that if a black widow and a brown recluse mated, it would be VERY bad. The deadly poison of a black widow and the aggressiveness of a brown recluse.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                              my feedback thread

Comment

fuck spiders
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X