Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four E30 offset 14" steel wheels, no tires, $20

Get these out of my garage!

14 inch E30 offset steel wheels, suitable for mounting up snow tires. There is rust on the lips of the wheels, also near the wheel lug holes, and in miscellaneous places on the insides of the wheels. Nothing structural. $20 for all four.

If you were anal, you'd media blast them, then repaint them. But they're winter wheels. No tires are included, unless you want two barely OK Blizzaks that have a lot of shoulder wear. I'll throw em in for free. Ideal for hanging out the window and rolling them in empty parking lots.

I'll also have 3 Sumitomo Srixion 4 tires with a bit of wear left if you're interested. $5 each. Probably at 4/32". Ideal if you want to r3v your car into a ditch if you plan on using them in the winter. Or, OK tires to use to pass inspection. I'd rather not ship these, but if you want to spend more than the tires are worth in shipping, I'll gladly do it. :)

I'm in Southeast MA. I am near Boston for work, though. Either place you can pick these wheels and tires up. Just let me know beforehand.

Thanks for reading,
    Fred

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

if you could post pics that would be sweet, im between worchester and boston and would probably pick them up, let me know.
    Dan

Comment

Where's Worchester? Just kidding!

You work at BPG, right? I gotta drop by eventually to drop off a 2.93 diff for Dan, if you're there I can bring the wheels by sometime this week. You interested in any of the tires?

I'll get some pics within a few days. Which means, maybe tonight if I'm feeling like it, or maybe tomorrow.

Fred

Comment

I cleaned the wheels and snapped some pictures last night.

I started to clean one of the wheels with a paint stripping disc. This is shown as the one wheel that has some paint missing. I can touch it up with some black spray paint if you want. But if I wanted to do it right, I'd media blast these suckers first, and hit them with some decent wheel paint.

There are a few small dings in the wheel mostly from curbing the wheels (these wheels came with my car) that I've shown in the pics. Nothing a pair of pliers couldn't fix.

The wheels themselves are fine. It would take a truly incompetent driver to bend steel wheels.

These might even be OE BMW wheels because the previous owner bought these from Tire Rack and there is still one part number decal on the wheels, from part group 36.

I have some wheel caps too. $15 for four. Two are mint, two have minor scuffing on the edges but nothing serious. These are shown in the pics as well.

The rust is surface rust and can be taken off with a paint removal wheel. I just have a billion other things to do with my E30 besides trying to refurbish wheels!

Comment

is Dan going to pick these up for sure or what?

I'd be very interested. I need another set of wheels for snow tires, which I could really use that pair of Blizzaks. I'm in 46250, and shipping on those shouldn't be too bad.

let me know

Comment

Originally posted by rickjames
            is Dan going to pick these up for sure or what?

I'd be very interested. I need another set of wheels for snow tires, which I could really use that pair of Blizzaks. I'm in 46250, and shipping on those shouldn't be too bad.

let me know
            wheel whore
            Current Cars
            2014 M235i
            2009 R56 Cooper S
            1998 M3
            1997 M3

Comment

Dan doesn't want them any more.

The Blizzaks are pretty much shot; the siping is gone so you're actually better off just getting four tires like Dunlop Graspics if you want some predictable handling. And they're the old style Blizzaks, not the WS-50s. I'd toss them in, but they'd be a liability if you actually decided to mount them!

Anyway, shipping's going to run $30 for the wheels, no tires. Same shipping price if you want the caps.

Thanks!

Comment

yeah, i'll message you on e30tech.... as i can actually get notifications from there. . . .

Comment

sold to rickjames, payment already received!
                  Last edited by FredK; 12-20-2005, 10:26 AM.

Comment

thanks. i also just ordered a pair of snow tires. (one unforunately blew out)

hopefully by the middle/end of next week i can actually drive around again. but possibly by that time, the snow will be all gone. ugh.

shhhh Dave. no one asked you. ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X