Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
    I've been trying to figure out a tow hook setup that is affordable, functional and looks clean but was frustrated with lack of options until I saw AKG makes model specific hooks for a reasonable price. Immediately ordered one and it looks great! I really liked the turner tow strap but couldn't justify the $100 price. It's also pretty funny how many cheap ones are available on amazon/ebay but all have little disclaimers cautioning that they cannot support the vehicle's weight

I added stickers as well..

Love that tow hook, Looks nice and clean!

Comment

Hey - it was great meeting you guys on Sunday!

Lets all go for another drive again soon!

Sina

p.s. do you still have those rear premium speakers?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Looks like a fun cruise!

1991 325i
        flickr
        @sambhaskins

Comment

I've been trying to figure out a tow hook setup that is affordable, functional and looks clean but was frustrated with lack of options until I saw AKG makes model specific hooks for a reasonable price.
          I added stickers as well..
          Whats wrong with the OEM one?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Probably can't fit a tow strap through it.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
              Hey - it was great meeting you guys on Sunday!

Lets all go for another drive again soon!

Sina

p.s. do you still have those rear premium speakers?
              It was nice meeting up with you guys too, definitely will be repeated. And yes I still have the speakers. Maybe when abbi is done covering the seat deletes we can trade when he drops off/I pick up.
              Originally posted by sam_ View Post
              Looks like a fun cruise!
              It was!
              Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Honestly nothing, except I don't have one. And I had paypal balance burning a hole in my virtual wallet. And AKG posted a picture of their tow hooks at just the right time. And it was inexpensive compared to most others. So there.
              Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
              Probably can't fit a tow strap through it.
              I tried to figure out how to make those bmw tow straps work that I got from bimmerworld but they just didn't fit.
              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
              Shadetree30

Comment

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Honestly nothing, except I don't have one. And I had paypal balance burning a hole in my virtual wallet. And AKG posted a picture of their tow hooks at just the right time. And it was inexpensive compared to most others. So there.
                Excellent reasoning!
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The new shifter arrived on Friday and I managed to install it over the weekend despite catching a cold. I don't even know how PMC tuning sells it so cheap. It's a really nice piece.

I drove it a bit to test it out. Love it. Play in the shifter dropped to about 1cm in any gear rocking it side to side, and it's even less forward/backward. At the same time, shifting effort reduced from the long lever and the throw feels about the same, maybe a bit less than it was before (it was already quite short). So in total, the difference is less play, less effort, shifter closer to steering wheel, and smoother shifts. I am very happy with it.

Shadetree30

Comment

That new PMC shifter looks much nicer than the old one they made. Makes me want to spend money on my car :x
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Super clean! Love what you did with the bumper and the holes cut for airflow.
                      89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                      I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                        That new PMC shifter looks much nicer than the old one they made. Makes me want to spend money on my car :x
                        WHat changed from the old one? I thought it was just the base design, not really a functional change. Regardless it's a very nice piece, worth every penny.
                        Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                        Super clean! Love what you did with the bumper and the holes cut for airflow.
                        Thanks!
                        Shadetree30

Comment

gahhhh so badass. Thanks for the heads up on the PMC shifter. Definitely gonna go that route for my swap. BTW I'm Meeedang on IG
                          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                            gahhhh so badass. Thanks for the heads up on the PMC shifter. Definitely gonna go that route for my swap. BTW I'm Meeedang on IG
                            Thanks man! good to know, it's always tough to link people from different forums/social media.
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Hey,

What's the story on the DSSR sitting on the bench in the background? Is it a straight/square one and what's the length?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                                Hey,

What's the story on the DSSR sitting on the bench in the background? Is it a straight/square one and what's the length?
                                Its an ireland engineering dssr for an e36. It has a very slight twist equal to the oem selector rod (so I guess that's straight/square?). I bought it with the IE shifter I was using before, but it actually inteoduced more play than the brand new e36 selector rod I had. I can measure length if you want.
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X