X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My m52b28 e39, e30 swap advice thread <3

Ok, so... I got a e30 320i 89'

and I got a 528i out a 97' e39 obd2 and will be running a m50 intake

over the past two months I have collected all the required parts for this e30 swap... I am now facing a few details that are confusing me
    My motor was out a e39, and clearly it was in a front end accident, i had to replace, all the pulleys, waterpump etc, because it was all smashed, another thing is the motor was standing for more than 4 months...
    and it started to rust inside,

1. how do I clean out the channels without taking the head off? :/ just flush it? but what about the build up inside around corners etc...

2. And wiring, can i use a e36 wiring diagram to wiring the c101? there are unfortunately no reliable e39 528i c101 guides

3.the FPR that everyone talks about in theses e30 swaps. I have obd2, so what Do i need to do about the FPR ?? ?..

I will be running EBAY e36 413 stock/tuned EWS delete DME

please shed any light that you can on anything at all lol...

Thank you in advance! <3
    Last edited by Slay89; 02-25-2017, 03:08 AM.

First of all you have totally wrong ecu. M52 uses siemens ms41 and not -413 bosch motronic.

And you can use those e36 wiring guides. But the e39 harness doesn't have x20 connector so you have to use only the eire colors.

Comment

oh wait i think I typoed because this is waht I've bought ....( not arrived yet)

"BMW Euro E36 328i chip tuned ECU 243Hp without EWS and 7000rpm (M52B28 MS41 ECU) "

thank you for replying, so now I can go ahead with the wiring, i've got these 3 weird plugs

[I
      Last edited by Slay89; 02-25-2017, 04:32 AM.

Comment

I need to be blunt, you need to do quite a bit of research before diving into this......

Start with the ETM.
        555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
        '95 BMW e34 525i
        '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
        '92 Range Rover Classic
        '90 Range Rover Classic
        '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
        '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
        '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
        '67 Pontiac LeMans
        '24 Model T Depot Hack
        ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

ok so my motor is a 97' so the FPR is not an issue, and i also cleaned the motor quite well so far..

I do face an issue of the S.A.S (secondary air system) and the fact I only have 2x out of the 4x O2 sensors that are required apparently, two infront the cat and two behind the cat..

also the S.A.S vacuum nipple under my m52 intake is block off already...

I am hopeing to retain OBD2 and that the ecu i bought will run fine
          the ecu supplier said i can block off the Evap, and missing abs signal safe mode delete along with EWS, but i forgot to ask about S.A.S and O2's... i am awaiting their response

I get the feeling I look like a fool, typing what may seem like stupid or redundant questions " do more research before diving in" ... well wtf you think im doing bruh...
          thanks for the link but they dont have my module or im blind (its possible)

anyway... this is fun, its my first e30.. first bmw and first project.. i bought it, drove it home ( took 45mins) and stripped it.. lol.
          Last edited by Slay89; 03-06-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Get an e36 OBD2 wire harness and plug it all in, then run the 328i ecu.

Comment

i have the same wiring and i didn't find help with it.I'm going to connect it wire by wire as per the E36 wire color codes and will see.

I will start my project in 2 months.

Comment

OK! so here is my progress! there is a HUUge lack of info over the interwebs of, e39 528i engine harness adapters/connectors... specifically, the X6021 and X6011 in e39 528i.

Behold my Spreadsheet of said X6021 and X6011 for e39! :3

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I also found this http://www.fekzen.se/StandAlone/

and it has the basics there for x6011 and x6021 e39 ms41

Just waiting on my ECU to arrive... and we can see if my wiring is correct.....

Last edited by Slay89; 03-15-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Ok, so my motor is in, and I am fetching my ECU tomorrow at the post office

My question is, my e39 alternator, do I ground strap it ?

Also do i ground strap my starter? opposite 13mm bolt of the live batter/alternator ?

apologies for the dull questions, i did do some reading but would appreciate some feed back from anyone

Will post more pics soon
                  Last edited by Slay89; 03-17-2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

ok sweet she runs, thanks for all the helpful input everyone....

lol..

Comment

To answer your grounding question, the accessories are bolted to the engine which is ground to the chassis via a ground strap.

Comment

This is the best thread in the world, i searched for these info everywhere but couldn't find like this. i was about to stop my swap cus the only M52 i found is from E38 735il and connectors are diffrent from the E36 ones. i believe that E39 and E38 share the same connectors and wiring color codes.
                        thanks alot and keep the thread alife.:D

Comment

Originally posted by ADEN View Post
                          This is the best thread in the world, i searched for these info everywhere but couldn't find like this. i was about to stop my swap cus the only M52 i found is from E38 735il and connectors are diffrent from the E36 ones. i believe that E39 and E38 share the same connectors and wiring color codes.
                          thanks alot and keep the thread alife.:D
                          yay! some appreciation! #feelsgoodman
                          my car is just awaiting a exhaust
                          here is a short video of the first start up without headers on and no MAF or O2's connected

https://www.facebook.com/caylin.roux...1425371502004/

and i did a nice clean up of wiring... since the e39's harness is so short... i shoved it under my brake booster into the glove compartment..

I still got plenty of body/engine bay work :D but i honestly could not care less, this will be my track car i think probably...

Comment

My m52b28 e39, e30 swap advice thread &lt;3

Congratulations on getting this running and thank you for all of the information in the thread. Sorry that you did not get much help here on the forum, but again the help you have given will be invaluable for some. Keep us posted on your progress and thanks again!!

Gerry

Comment

been driving my e30 for 2 days now, something to note. its worth relocating your stock brake booster, because this mk2 golf BB is really weak. so i think I will be reinstalling and locating my stock booster.

Comment

Working...
                              X