Clutch not disengaging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch not disengaging?

Just put a new tranny in yesterday and i hear it grinding when i sometimes downshift. i re bled the slave and it only seems to do it when i downshift.. Its an m42 with a g260, jb flywheel and an m20 stage 3 clutch.. Any ideas? The piston on the slave falls out. That the issue? Someone have a g260 slave they want to sell me?

EDIT: Sorry if that first part doesnt make sense. flustered and my thoughts are jumbled.. Is it possible that the linkage is the issue? But the clutch is completely pressed in when it happens.. It only seems to happen going from 5th down to 4th.

it did this with the last tranny and it finally shit out. put a new one in yesterday and it continues to do it.. I dont notice it going into other gears but its possible it does happen. ill go for a short drive tomorrow and shift from 4th down.

EDIT:
    It couldnt possibly be because of a missing pivot pin, could it? Im unsure if this tranny has one but the old tranny had one in it and it still did it.. FUCK! FUCK LYFE!

EDIT:EDIT: Is a shim needed? but why would it work good for all but those gears? Hmm.. this cant be healthy

Comment

If this only happens on a down shift, it could be that the syncro's in the transmission are worn. But if it there is resistance when engaging 1st at a stop, the clutch may not be fully disengaging. A bad master cylinder or air in the clutch circuit are possibilities.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

thanks for the reply. the only thing i know 100% is that it is not the syncros. the last tranny had the same issue up until it died. got a new slave cyl. in today so hopefully thats it. just from looking at the new one i can tell my old one is fucked.n

Comment

did the new slave cyl fix the issue?
          sigpic

Comment

if the slave keeps popping out there is a clearance issue. Check the passenger side of the transmission to see if the spring is still there holding the fork to the pivot pin.
            '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Working...
            X