Magnaflow vs Borla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnaflow vs Borla

Just curious to see what are you guys running. My exhaust is rotted out and I'm going in today to get it replaced. They recommended either magnaflow or borla to replace the muffler. Just asking because I don't want it to be too loud, or should I say "ricer" sounding. I want a nice euro sound coming out of my car rather than a "I'm trying to hard to make a 4cyl sound mean".

91 318is
    Instagram: @E30_Lue
    "Maggie": 1991 BMW 318is

The exhaust shop near my house works on classics, so I'm running a Flowmaster, which doesn't sound as bad as you'd think. I personally think Magnaflow sounds less ricey than Borla. Best idea is to watch videos of both and see which one you like better. Or, if you have the money, now's a good time to upgrade to something like a Supersprint.

Comment

I run Supersprint on my 325

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a magnaflow on my ix (PO's mod, not mine), as far as I can tell it isn't louder than stock, but makes it a lot 'rumblier' and introduces a lot more sub-bass.
        91 325iX - magnaflow, h&r sports+bilstein hds, chip

Comment

Also magnaflow on my 2.7i. I think theres a thread on Magnaflow are looking for a 318i to do some test fitting and R&D?

Comment

Originally posted by supkev View Post
            Also magnaflow on my 2.7i. I think theres a thread on Magnaflow are looking for a 318i to do some test fitting and R&D?
            ^^ this is true theres thread open they are looking for a test car. i have a magna flow on my 1991 318ic and it sounds great it was a little loud at first when cursing on the freeway it drowned everything out a bit. i put a glass pack in front of the magna flow and i love the tone now sounds great. that being said my buddy has a mkII GTI VR6 and has a borla exhaust and it is the best sounding thing ever ever but totally different engine and car so
            i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
            X