S52 Flywheel/PP/Clutch/TOB Setup?? Starter? Getrag 250 to ZF 320 Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 Flywheel/PP/Clutch/TOB Setup?? Starter? Getrag 250 to ZF 320 Q

Finishing up a swap, got most of the motor all sorted. Now I need to figure out the drivetrain.

I got a Getrag 250 from a guy who ran it with a S50.
    Took the flywheel/PP/clutch off, looks like garbage.
    The diameter size 240mm, not 228.
    Using the getrag cause it came with other parts/have correct driveshaft for it, and I just need to break the motor in 0 miles so I won't be driving hard.
    Plan to which to a ZF 320 when the getrag 250 goes cause I heard it won't be able to handle it.

So my question is Im looking for a clutch/flywheel/PP right now for the getrag. Could I use the same Flywheel/PP (probably replace clutch while its out) from a getrag 250 on a Zf 320?? What about starter? Slave master from what?

Current one is a single mass.

I know this is a noob question, so please spare me. First swap. If you can point me in right direction that would be nice.

Should I just run a getrag 260 instead? 228mm or 240mm?

Thanks

I'm running this flywheel with a 228mm clutch and a g260. Simple and efficient.

Food for thought.......if you're going to switch to the ZF eventually I would just do it from the get go because you're going to have to gear the car for the ZF as well.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

If you're not clutch kicking, doing clutch drop launches, etc... I wouldn't worry about the Getrag dying. I have the original Getrag in my 93 325is (going on 180k miles) and it's been an autocross car all it's life. For the last 25,000 miles the motor in it has been producing 270whp - 240ft/lbs torque. It'll handle it just fine as long as you don't abuse it.

Comment

Jaker, that is good news on the Getrag. I am finishing up my S52 swap with a g260, and have the infamous Getrag rattle. Hopefully mine will last a long time, even though it is as annoying as hell in neutral with the clutch out.

Comment

My idle is bumped up to 900rpm and I'm running the Getrag cocktail. I hear nothing from the Getrag rattle. It used to rattle before I made those changes. I'm also running a single mass flywheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayden View Post
            Finishing up a swap, got most of the motor all sorted. Now I need to figure out the drivetrain.

I got a Getrag 250 from a guy who ran it with a S50.
            Took the flywheel/PP/clutch off, looks like garbage.
            The diameter size 240mm, not 228.
            Using the getrag cause it came with other parts/have correct driveshaft for it, and I just need to break the motor in 0 miles so I won't be driving hard.
            Plan to which to a ZF 320 when the getrag 250 goes cause I heard it won't be able to handle it.

So my question is Im looking for a clutch/flywheel/PP right now for the getrag. Could I use the same Flywheel/PP (probably replace clutch while its out) from a getrag 250 on a Zf 320?? What about starter? Slave master from what?

Current one is a single mass.

I know this is a noob question, so please spare me. First swap. If you can point me in right direction that would be nice.

Should I just run a getrag 260 instead? 228mm or 240mm?

Thanks
            I have a Getrag 250 on my S50 swap E34 Touring that came from another E34.. No problem in 6 months so far..

Comment

you can use the same clutch setup in either getrag or zf. I run a g250 in my m50 swap but i have broken the 2nd gear syncro twice now doing burnouts :)
              Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
              Bimmerbuddies LLC
              717-388-1256
              2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
              bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
              X