e30 sedan rear actuator removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 sedan rear actuator removal

I've been trying to fix my central locking issues in my sedan and I've found that it probably has something to do with my driver side rear door's actuator . I started removing it all this after noon and now I'm stuck. I've unplugged the wires that go to it and I've removed the screws but I can't unhook the actuator. I've tried prying it off, both with and without the door locked.

TLDR: How do you unhook the mechanical link for a rear door actuator? (without breaking the actuator)

Me too. I am trying to get mine off right now. It is in the rear door of a 91 sedan which means its hell. I cannot pry it off. argh.
    E30 M52B28

Comment

Hey I got it- it is thin one way- you have to rotate it to 90 degrees, which isn't possible UNLESS you remove the door latch thingy- there's three Philips heads and its out, and then you can get the room you need to rotate it and it literally comes right out. Problem solved- except now I need to find this same part which doesn't seem to exist anymore. Ugh,
      E30 M52B28

Comment

If it helps, both rear door actuators and the fuel door actuator are the same.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
        X