Review: ECS E36 M3 Poly Trans Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review: ECS E36 M3 Poly Trans Mounts

I recently purchased a E36 M3 sedan to be my daily driver and noticed while looking through the maintenance receipts that my trans mounts have not been replaced.
    The car had 99k on it when purchased and has roughly 104k on it now.

It just so happened I was reading bimmerforums one day and noticed that ECS was looking for a review request. I inquired about their poly street mounts and decided to take the plunge and install a set. This is not my first e36 and in the past I have used rogue transmission mounts, as well as akg red race mounts for about 100 miles. My e46 m3 currently also has rogue's on it too.

I installed the mounts today and to my surprise, I found my trans bracket was completely cracked into two pieces. Luckily, I had an extra brace from the part outs I have completed and swapped it in with the new ECS trans mounts. Right out of the box, you can tell they are real beefy looking. A larger constant diameter than the stock hour glass mounts and they came with nuts with the washers. I liked that the mounts had the notches cut out in to allow for proper seating on the trans brace itself. Some of the other mounts I have had in the past did not have that notch.

Install was a breeze!
    Initial impressions after my 100 mile drive:
    Minimal increase in NVH. Definitely noticeable difference from stock but nothing unbearable. Shifting seemed crisp!

I would like to add to this review when I add more miles to the mounts.

The link below shows where I purchased them from:

Working...
X