Old school 318is Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old school 318is Review

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

seems pretty interesting but I went faster then that in the 1/4, n I get way better gas mileage then they do.

Interesting.

More so due to that dude's awesome jeans and the heated debate going on in the comments.
    Originally posted by LJ851
    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

I watch that regularly. I also go much faster in quarter and get much better mileage. What's funny to me is the interior noise rating. LOL 89db I think it was... that's insanely loud by today's standards.
      "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
      -----------------------------------------
      91 318is Turbo Sold
      87 325 Daily driver Sold
      06 4.8is X5
      06 Mtec X3
      05 4.4i X5 Sold
      92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
      90 325i Sold
      97 328is Sold
      01 323ci Sold
      92 325i Sold
      83 528e Totaled
      98 328i Sold
      93 325i Sold

Comment

confusing 3 level climate controls? REALLY?

Originally posted by vlad
        Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
          Yeah I was thinking that too. It took me all of 4 seconds to figure it out when I first got my old e30.
          Originally posted by LJ851
          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by ThaiRacer View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRgKisbQ87U

seems pretty interesting but I went faster then that in the 1/4, n I get way better gas mileage then they do.

gas, tires, oil, ignition components, filters, etc have evolved quite a bit in the last 20 years.

i cant imagine how awesome it would have been to drive an E30 BRAND NEW!! Look at that interior HOLY HELL!! what a badass car
            Last edited by coolasacuc; 09-23-2009, 11:06 AM.

Comment

nice video! but whats soo bad about the gauges.... haha whatever

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by coolasacuc View Post
                i cant imagine how awesome it would have been to drive an E30 BRAND NEW!! Look at that interior HOLY HELL!! what a badass car
                My dad bought my 318is brand new back in 1991. It was his 3rd brand new E30. I guess that's where I got the bug.

I remember the car was miles better than anything else in its class at the time. The seats, steering feel, shifter/clutch action, handling, braking, etc. were all unmatched at the price. Only Porsche was better.

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                nice video! but whats soo bad about the gauges.... haha whatever
                In those days, even crappy American cars would give you oil pressure and sometimes oil temp gauges. It's very strange that a German sportscar would be missing such basic functions.
                sigpic
                1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

That guy in the video looks just like Neil from Wet Hot American Summer

Comment

Originally posted by Incary View Post
                    That guy in the video looks just like Neil from Wet Hot American Summer

Haha yes! Fun video, thanks for the link!
                    Reminiscing...

Comment

Wow the braking was insane 60-0 100 ft

a Porsche GT-1 a one million dollar car only stops 2 feet shorter from 60

that just dont seem right...

Originally posted by Slangbox
                      Pretty sure if you removed the lights and plates, you'd disappear at night. Rockin' it Batman style--I like it.

Comment

this video is old, and this is like the third repost
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                          I watch that regularly. I also go much faster in quarter and get much better mileage. What's funny to me is the interior noise rating. LOL 89db I think it was... that's insanely loud by today's standards.
                          it said 64db
                          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by nfshot View Post
                            Wow the braking was insane 60-0 100 ft

a Porsche GT-1 a one million dollar car only stops 2 feet shorter from 60

that just dont seem right...
                            your probably right but we 318is owners like to believe the lie to have something to brag about haha.

but out of all the cars ive driven e30 brakes feel pretty good

Comment

^^You are right about the brakes. As small as they are, they never cease to amaze me. When you get the stainless lines, and a nice pad/rotor combo they are excellent. My 318is would probably stop quicker than my E36 M3.

Originally posted by Joe318is View Post
                              Man, and I thought it was extremely intuitive.. I'd hate to see that fucker around I-drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X