Early Model Fuel pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Model Fuel pumps

Has anyone used a walbro GSL392 255lph to replace their external pump while also using the stock pickup pump? or will the walbro overpower the pickup pump?

Thanks!

Why not just put a 255 in the tank?

Comment

I had walbro in tank, great pump but on hard turns without full tank it would slosh too much and pull in air...after nearly getting rear ended at an event i decided i needed to change.

I went with stock in tank pump, walbro 255 external, and a fuel accumulator from guten parts. Mounted the fuel accumulator to where the stock filter goes and the walbro to where the stock external pump was, moved filter to engine bay near where charcoal canister is. Havent tested but in practice, should be perfect.
      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
        I had walbro in tank, great pump but on hard turns without full tank it would slosh too much and pull in air...after nearly getting rear ended at an event i decided i needed to change.

I went with stock in tank pump, walbro 255 external, and a fuel accumulator from guten parts. Mounted the fuel accumulator to where the stock filter goes and the walbro to where the stock external pump was, moved filter to engine bay near where charcoal canister is. Havent tested but in practice, should be perfect.
        Awesome! I just purchased the GPS accumulator as well. My intank lift pump is less than a year old. I am torn between 190lph or 255lph. 24# injectors need only 155#/hr @ 3.5bar and the stock 190lph pump puts out like 234#/hr @3.5bar. I know the stock pump can handle it, just the idea of wanting more always crosses my mind...

Comment

Working...
        X