URGENT: Wrong fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT: Wrong fuel pump?

I ordered a new vdo fuel pump for my 91 318i from BMA auto parts. Went to go install it and found that the cradles are different! The one on my car has an extra outlet on the metal cradle and the new part only has one. What do i have and can i make it work?

Comment

One is pump output the other is fuel return line. I don't know what that pump fits, but I wouldn't try to make it work.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by JinormusJ
      Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
      1989 325is Raged on then sold.
      1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
      1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
      1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

If you really wanted to get it to work, just swap the new pump into the old cradle.

Comment

They sent you (or you ordered) the late model 325i pump instead of the late 318i pump.

Comment

yes, you have the wrong part, but you should be able to take the pump out of the cradle and install it in your old one. you cannot use it the way it is.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

problem solved. i called BMA and they had in fact sent me the pump for 325 and 318 convertibles instead of my sedan. I am returning it and i have already ordered the correct part. I don't want to reuse the hardware on account of the heavy corrosion. I am saving the sender but thought i should just replace the whole fuel pump assembly.

Comment

Working...
              X