Help w/ E30 CEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help w/ E30 CEL

Hey guys I have a 1991 325i M20B25. I did an oil change and wanted to reset the oil service light.

It was late at night and i jumped the wrong pins.. After I realized why it wasn't working, I jumped the correct pins and the lights reset.

However while jumping the wrong pins, I believe I made the car throw a CEL. I know there wasn't a CEL prior to that as I had a smogged recently before that day.

Instead of jumping pins 7 and 19, I jumped 7 and 20.

Any way to fix this or something? I am selling the car soon.

Thanks a lot guys

Edit: I am currently located in Davis, if anyone is near there or Sacramento has a scanner I can use I would really appreciate it.

You could try a hard boot of the DME by disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds. But if the CEL returns the grounding of pin 20 has damaged the DME. In that case a replacement DME is the fix.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Ive had the battery removed a few times for longer than 30 secs. So is DME the same thing as ECU?

Comment

Originally posted by goldfishe666 View Post
        Ive had the battery removed a few times for longer than 30 secs. So is DME the same thing as ECU?
        Yep.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

1991 should have a 173 or newer DME. Do a search for 'stomp test'. It will show what error is being detected.

Comment

Working...
          X