Need really quick help re: driveshaft installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need really quick help re: driveshaft installation

I just got back with a rebuilt driveshaft and am about to install it when I noticed I didn't make a note of how exactly is was bolted to the tranny. I've got the front of the driveshaft with it's 3 flanges, the guibo with it's 6 bolt holes, the vibration damper with it's 3 holes and cut outs to allow for the other 3, and then of course the 3 flanges on the trannny output shaft. What gets bolted to what exactly? Do I bolt the guibo and the vibration damper to the driveshaft and then just have bolts go through the guibo into the tranny output flange? Or do I bolt the guibo to the driveshaft and then slide the vibration damper over that and bolt the guibo to the damper and the output flange? Am I even making sense?

Ok, the driveshaft dampener goes over the guibo onto the driveshaft flange.

Here's the important part, look around the edge of the guibo, you'll see an arrow for each bolt hole that points to where the flanges bolt up. If you put the flanges on the wrong holes your guibo won't last long.

And honestly, throw the dampener in the trash and just run the guibo by itself in there.
    Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

how do i take this bullshit damper out, motherfucking thing pisses me off

the bolts are not hex, they're circle shaped...

Comment

Originally posted by zandi

Only 3 of the bolts are "circle shaped" or knurled as is what they are relly called. The ones that go throught the flexdisc are regualr hex bolts.

James

Comment

Originally posted by zandi

Have the studs pressed out by someone with a hydraulic press, remove the dampener, and then press the studs back in. Voila.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Working...
          X