Saturday drift event 5$ for all day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday drift event 5$ for all day

so me and a friend are renting a parking lot saturday out in Urbana, exact zip code is 21754.
    completely legal and we have permission to be there.

gonna have a lot of JDM guys out, trying to get a few more.
    just for fun. gonna be setting up cones and just having a chill day.

REALLY CHEAP. 5$ gets you in ALL DAY.

Bring:
    $5
    snacks/water/lunch money
    spare rims/tires
    good attitude
    cones if you have any

PM me for details

Is it this Saturday?
    sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
    Build Thread:
    Current ongoing build. Check it out!
    1991 318is 4dr rallycross
    Rallycross Build Thread.
    1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

yep.
      just booked the lot for sunday too, but idk if i'll have any tires left to do two days.

Comment

I'm coming in the turbo diesel wagon to teach you how to slide...
        My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

Wait... turbo diesel wagon? And how exactly is this "totally legal"?
          sigpic

Build Thread:
          Rallycross Build Thread.

Comment

He doesn't have a turbo wagon. He's making shit up again...

It's legal because the owner of the facility is renting us the lot. We have permission to be there.

The 5$ is going towards the cost to rent as well as drinks and snacks for the day. Should be fun. All experience levels

Btw deadline to RSVP is Thursday!

Comment

Bitch there is a 81 300td outside of my Dads house right now. Used to be mine for about a year then I Sold it to my Dad but I want it back and he is selling it so actually yes I do...
              How big is this lot?
              Where exactly?
              Devon will r3v his car guaranteed I'll be there just to record the video lol
              Did you guys come up with this or was it on another forum?

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...

Comment

Lot is BIG
                No light poles
                Our own idea

Comment

Do you have a signed contract from the owner of this lot? Does this contract state that the owner won't hold you or any of the participants responsible for any damage to the lot or his property? Does it also state that the owner of this lot has no responsibility for any damage or injury that participants encounter from this event?

Do you have liability waivers and indemnity agreements written up for participants to sign when they get there where it states that they understand what they are doing may result in injury or damage to their car and they won't hold you, the property owner, or anyone else responsible?

Do you have the property owner's phone number on speed dial, ready to call for when the police show up and want to know what you are doing and make sure you actually do have permission to be there?

Are you going to do a basic safety inspection of people's cars to make sure people aren't going to have their cars break while on course and sent cars/car parts out of control and into things? Are you going to set up any rules for this event? (e.g. only one car out on the lot at a time, anyone in the car must wear a helmet, cars/the course must be at least X number of feet away from any obstacle on the parking lot)

Have you looked into insurance to protect yourself and/or the property owner should something go wrong and one of the participants comes after you legally?

Not trying to hate on your event but trying to give you some ideas on things you may not have thought about when organizing this event. There is a reason autocross events and track days cost what they do, insurance for events aren't cheap but it's something very useful to have when something goes wrong at an event. Not saying that something will go wrong but it's all fun and games until someone's car goes out of control and hits a building, someone else's car, or someone and there is death and destruction. Then it gets really ugly.

Comment

:up::up::up::-)

Comment

Originally posted by kts View Post
                      Do you have a signed contract from the owner of this lot? Does this contract state that the owner won't hold you or any of the participants responsible for any damage to the lot or his property? Does it also state that the owner of this lot has no responsibility for any damage or injury that participants encounter from this event?

Do you have liability waivers and indemnity agreements written up for participants to sign when they get there where it states that they understand what they are doing may result in injury or damage to their car and they won't hold you, the property owner, or anyone else responsible?

Do you have the property owner's phone number on speed dial, ready to call for when the police show up and want to know what you are doing and make sure you actually do have permission to be there?

Are you going to do a basic safety inspection of people's cars to make sure people aren't going to have their cars break while on course and sent cars/car parts out of control and into things? Are you going to set up any rules for this event? (e.g. only one car out on the lot at a time, anyone in the car must wear a helmet, cars/the course must be at least X number of feet away from any obstacle on the parking lot)

Have you looked into insurance to protect yourself and/or the property owner should something go wrong and one of the participants comes after you legally?

Not trying to hate on your event but trying to give you some ideas on things you may not have thought about when organizing this event. There is a reason autocross events and track days cost what they do, insurance for events aren't cheap but it's something very useful to have when something goes wrong at an event. Not saying that something will go wrong but it's all fun and games until someone's car goes out of control and hits a building, someone else's car, or someone and there is death and destruction. Then it gets really ugly.
                      I second this.
                      sigpic

Build Thread:
                      Rallycross Build Thread.

Comment

Yeah yeah got all that. If you want to cOme PM me for adress. We have the place from 6am till however late at night we want

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
                          Yeah yeah got all that. If you want to cOme PM me for adress. We have the place from 6am till however late at night we want
                          So if you have all of this can you go over the rules of the event? Safety inspection? What forms will we need to sign?

An event in the dark (especially a lot with no light poles) is a bad idea. You should probably call it a day around 7pm when it starts to get dark.

Comment

I will be there but if my car breaks down because of my reckless drifting or I hit something I am fucking suing you devon.818

Comment

Originally posted by ill4noreason View Post
                              I will be there but if my car breaks down because of my reckless drifting or I hit something I am fucking suing you devon.818
                              shake and bake niga shake and bake

Comment

Working...
                              X