Best location for IAT sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best location for IAT sensor

Full into summer now I am noticing my intake air temps are well over 100 degrees.

Cruising on the freeway in 90+ I'm getting a steady 135 F intake air temp. (yes this is after the intercooler)

My sensor is mounted under my intake manifold by way of a 3/8 brass barb and and a small section of heater hose. It gets hot underneath the manifold...

I am considering relocating my sensor before the throttle body in my intercooler piping. I did some research on line and found several users to have mixed reports about heat soaked sensors.

Some say they have better results further from the engine. Others say that measuring the air temperature far from the intake will give false readings. I even read that the air is moving so fast it doesn't have enough time to warm up from the surrounding hot intake manifold/plenum ect.

Can anyone elaborate on this subject. Maybe share your everyday driving intake charge temps as well.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

decided to run a threaded insert in the same location to see if the temp reading is different. If my temps are 135 on a hot day then I guess thats how it is...

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Working...
    X