Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30's and Water In the Taillights

Hey R3VLimited,
    Recently in California, it's been raining like crazy and I'm not sure if my tail lights have always have water in them or not but, its a little bit of water in one of the tail lights and in one of the the reverse lights. Does anyone know how to remove/fix the problem? If it helps to know, I drive an early model E30 (1987) with thin, rectangular tail lights.

Originally posted by E30 Fitment View Post
    I'm not sure if my tail lights have always have water in them or not but, its a little bit of water in one of the tail lights and in one of the the reverse lights.
    Weird post.

Remove the back plate from the tail lights and allow the water to evaporate. To fix the problem you'll need new taillight or trunk seals as water is probably getting in to your trunk and getting between the back plate/tail light. If you don't want to spring for OE tail lights go to a hardware store and buy stick on weatherstripping that looks like this ^^^ in an appropriate width/color.

Comment

may not be the seals. the lens may be separating from the housing. remove the tail light, fill up the compartment that's getting water...with water, then blow into it to create a little pressure....that should tell you if the lens needs to be resealed/a little sealant added (whatever your fancy it)
      -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
      -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

The PO RTV'd mine on...they don't leak, but I'm pretty sure they're never coming off either. : /
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
        X