E39 seat swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E39 seat swap

I had been searching for new seats since purchasing my new e30. While searching the local junkyards I found a gorgeous seat of black power seats in a 01 540i. I liked the look and feel of the seats so I bought them for like 50 bucks.

I soon realized the huge bottom of the seat and second guessed my newly bought seats. But I tried anyway and measured the rail dimensions of both the chassis and the new seats and cut some adapter plates.

The outide plate sits right at the edge of the door jam and the inside plate hangs over in the back. I had to shoehorn the seats in and it was tight. I had the center console and door cards removed prior to this, and the carpet. I just used the cigarette lighter 12v and ground connections.

I had to remove the inside plastic trim piece and I swapped the e30 seat beat receptacle. I put the center console back in to check fitment and only the receptacle and the outside plastic trim rub and barely at that.

I hope this encourages people to try different seat swaps in the future.

Nice! E39 sport seats are awesome, especially on long drives.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      Nice! E39 sport seats are awesome, especially on long drives.
      Thank you I love them. But they do sit a tad bit high in the e30 but nothing to bad

Comment

Working...
      X