318is with warm restart problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318is with warm restart problems

Could you guys help me play detective? My car is a 318is - stock M42 running a Turner 91 octane chip. The car reliably stumbles and sometimes stalls after warm restarts only, but will correct itself after about 30 s to 1 m of running. Car starts fine when cold and idles strong otherwise. Recently I have rebuilt the injectors, replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs, blue coolant temp sensor, tested resistance in the TPS, and cleaned the throttle body - all to no avail. Spraying down the M42's web of vacuum hoses with started fluid didn't get so much as a blip in the idle. The fuel pressure reads out at about 43 psi when running, ticks down to about 35 psi immediately after turning the engine off, and will stay there for at least 40 m. Any ideas?

Not a real answer, but have a look around m42club.com. hope u find whats wrong:D

Comment

May not be your issue but for warm restart probs on an m42 one thing to check is to make sure this connector is unplugged on your harness. See bottom left:

1990 325i: slippery slope from DD/DE car to SE30/ITS
      1991 318is: raw DD
      2004 330i zhp: civilized daily driver

Comment

Working...
      X