This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    Silver M3 up now. Knew they couldn't go a week without an E30...

Yes but did you see that super low mileage 325Ci that's up too?.... you know the 2004
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Yes but did you see that super low mileage 325Ci that's up too?.... you know the 2004

Lol.

We were talking about that last night (while driving out to purchase another E30..)

That is one of those old car myth that still persists throughout today. The low mileage, old lady owned car. As was stated, that car check's all the boxes for a good daily driver. NOT a collectable. It's basically the worst of everything available in an E46..

Automatic... check
      Pedestrian Tan interior...check
      2.5l snoozefest base model..check

To appreciate the E46, you'd need to swap in a manual and tweek the suspension, but then you now have destroyed it's originality.

And everyone still believes it's the miles that only count on a car. Unlike Indiana Jones, the years do matter. Rubber dries out and cracks or leaks, condensation in the engine builds, caking/gumming up of fuel lines. Unless she ran clear fuel every time she fueled up (I highly doubt it), I'd be worried about stale fuel clogging the pump/filter/injectors.

I've said it before and stand behind it, I'd personally rather buy a higher mileage car with a known history, then a stupidly low mileage, old lady car.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Nice '71 Colorado 2002 just sold for a healthy $33,250. Well bought and sold.

Bid for the chance to own a 1971 BMW 2002 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #3,924.
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

I've said it before and stand behind it, I'd personally rather buy a higher mileage car with a known history, then a stupidly low mileage, old lady car.
          Same. At least then you know it's received some maintenance to remain on the road.
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-bmw-2002-15/

There's a couple 2002 on one of my morning running routes (a round and a square) which I have been keeping an eye on. Wish I had the time to clean up one of them, I'd show up with cash and probably get at least the square tail one.

Actually, there's a bunch of cool Bimmers on my running route that I would love to just show up with cash - a Euro E24 in Henna, the two 2002, a handful of unmolested E30's..etc. I just need to find more time. And space (to store them!)
            2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Guesses where the M3 will end?
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

$30k. 250K miles might scare some people away but it's still a rare color combo.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I was going to say 20 something. But then checked in and saw it sold at 28K. That's not a horrible deal for the seller or the buyer.

As one comment mentioned: It is still an E30 M3. And that is one you can not feel too bad about taking out and enjoying.
                  2016 Ford Flex

Comment

wow, a non tii sold for $33000.

Comment

Interesting there aren't more 325is' coming out of the woodwork.
                      Nice ones are hitting high teens/low twenties.
                      I would think that is a big enough price jump to motivate some owners to sell.
                      1991 318iC
                      1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

How many nice 325is are left? Not many.
                        1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

There's a ton of E30s out there, there's bound to be a good amount of nice ones left, at least original ones.

It's just a matter of connecting potential sellers with BaT
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

That's absolutely absurd. Seems like just a couple years ago you could get a decent tii for half that and as you said, it's just your standard 2002! And the year they starting throwing on all those indicators like they were going out of style.

There's a couple 2002 on one of my morning running routes (a round and a square) which I have been keeping an eye on. Wish I had the time to clean up one of them, I'd show up with cash and probably get at least the square tail one.

Actually, there's a bunch of cool Bimmers on my running route that I would love to just show up with cash - a Euro E24 in Henna, the two 2002, a handful of unmolested E30's..etc. I just need to find more time. And space (to store them!)
                            I too have been itching to start a 2002 or 1600 roundie project. With the way prices are going, should just buy one now and store it. On one of my biking routes there are 3 2002's just rotting. Too far gone to do anything with, but it makes me sad.

Comment

But if you can pick those up for a couple Franklin's you can use them as a base for something cool, or maybe get enough good parts to build funds up to buy something in nicer shape.

Never hurts to ask (and show up with cash..)
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by MCreally? View Post
                                wow, a non tii sold for $33000.
                                a big price for a non tii

wow

as someone else said before me, call Hagerty and up the stated value on my Colorado 1972 tii

interesting the price even with the stated flaws
                                and there is no way to trust the mileage on the car, or any 2002
                                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X