Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spirited driving through the park and around the airport :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spirited driving through the park and around the airport :)

Hola, guys! I recorded a drive through Cameron Park and around the regional airport using the GoPro Hero 5 and Karma Grip, and I turned the GPS overlays on the video to show the speed, G-meter, GPS Tracker, speed graph, and miscellanious info for all the nerdy stats we love to see with cars.

Does anyone have a fix for the Karma Grip equalizing mid turn, and thinking that 30 degrees tilted is actually level? It seems to mainly happen when going through a longer turn.

Hope you like it!

this made me very happy. that is my old e30 i love that car i replaced so many things and so much work but when it was finished its a dream to drive. glad you're having fun with it man. if you're ever at a local car meet i hope to see that thing again.
    i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
      this made me very happy. that is my old e30 i love that car i replaced so many things and so much work but when it was finished its a dream to drive. glad you're having fun with it man. if you're ever at a local car meet i hope to see that thing again.
      Whaaat?! Are your /u/isohi on Reddit?! You definitely did good on whatever work you did, cause Ruby is an absolute dream :)

Edit: checked your profile, and noticed "Austin, TX" as your location. I'll assume you're the guy I bought it from (omitting your name on purpose). You should come up to Waco on any Friday night and show off one of your other E30s or your VW. Everone hangs out on Valley Mills and runs their cars on whatever preferred roads together. Text me if you decide to come up, and I'll text you if I feel like finding a car show in Austin!

Comment

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
        Whaaat?! Are your /u/isohi on Reddit?! You definitely did good on whatever work you did, cause Ruby is an absolute dream :)

Edit: checked your profile, and noticed "Austin, TX" as your location. I'll assume you're the guy I bought it from (omitting your name on purpose). You should come up to Waco on any Friday night and show off one of your other E30s or your VW. Everone hangs out on Valley Mills and runs their cars on whatever preferred roads together. Text me if you decide to come up, and I'll text you if I feel like finding a car show in Austin!
        No actually
        I was the one that had the car before the person you bought it from but I was the one to do all the work to her. Ya man it's a great car and a blast to drive literally spared no expense with that car it was a lot
        Of fun I'm
        Glad someone owns it who has an appreciation for it. And yeah I'm living in south Austin and would live to go on a drive or to a meet anytime I'm outta the e30 game right now but I have an e46 zhp and just rebuilt the front suspension so I'm always down. Also looking for a clean 325is to get back in the game if ya know anybody ???? But ya man Pm me your number or somethin I'm always to to meet up with another Bmw fan. Ps get a garagistic x brace!!!!! The one thing I never got around to buying but always wanted to. 🍻 Cheers.
        i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

No actually
          I was the one that had the car before the person you bought it from but I was the one to do all the work to her. Ya man it's a great car and a blast to drive literally spared no expense with that car it was a lot
          Of fun I'm
          Glad someone owns it who has an appreciation for it. And yeah I'm living in south Austin and would live to go on a drive or to a meet anytime I'm outta the e30 game right now but I have an e46 zhp and just rebuilt the front suspension so I'm always down. Also looking for a clean 325is to get back in the game if ya know anybody ???? But ya man Pm me your number or somethin I'm always to to meet up with another Bmw fan. Ps get a garagistic x brace!!!!! The one thing I never got around to buying but always wanted to. 🍻 Cheers.
          As far as getting another E30, the dude I bought mine from has a 325es for sale. It needs a bit of work, but he seems like a pretty solid dude.

Pardon me while I creep through all of your previous threads with "318" and "M42" in the title [emoji16] it's fucking weeeiiiird seeing my Ruby as someone else's car, who was posting about her and doing all that jazz!

Just curious, did you remove the windshield washer fluid and all that stuff?

Comment

As far as getting another E30, the dude I bought mine from has a 325es for sale. It needs a bit of work, but he seems like a pretty solid dude.

Pardon me while I creep through all of your previous threads with "318" and "M42" in the title [emoji16] it's fucking weeeiiiird seeing my Ruby as someone else's car, who was posting about her and doing all that jazz!

Just curious, did you remove the windshield washer fluid and all that stuff?

Naw that was the PO with the washer fluid. But any questions you have feel free to ask I put in so much work on that car and can send you a full list of everything I replaced if you'd like I gave the same list to the guy that sold
            It to you another forum
            Member I believe his name is yesus_krys?? But ya anything you need me and that car have been thought a lot and I've touched about every aspect of that car so feel free to ask. Every thing I did by the way was at 199000
            Miles so it's all relativity new
            i love bmws

Comment

Naw that was the PO with the washer fluid. But any questions you have feel free to ask I put in so much work on that car and can send you a full list of everything I replaced if you'd like I gave the same list to the guy that sold
              It to you another forum
              Member I believe his name is yesus_krys?? But ya anything you need me and that car have been thought a lot and I've touched about every aspect of that car so feel free to ask. Every thing I did by the way was at 199000
              Miles so it's all relativity new
              I PM'd you my phone number so we can meet up.

Is the diff open, or an LSD? The guy I bought it from said it was an LSD but one of your posts says open. Unfortunately, I still lack a jack to find out for myself. Also, did you install that Dual amp in the trunk?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

I PM'd you my phone number so we can meet up.

Is the diff open, or an LSD? The guy I bought it from said it was an LSD but one of your posts says open. Unfortunately, I still lack a jack to find out for myself. Also, did you install that Dual amp in the trunk?

all that audio work is shit and was the only real weak point of the car i didn't do any of it i would re do it all. tweeters are not hooked up either. and yes there is an LSD sitting back there. best money ever spent. it came open but i sourced a S4.27 so your good. new fluid, gasket and i cleaned the shit out of it with simple green.
                i love bmws

Comment

all that audio work is shit and was the only real weak point of the car i didn't do any of it i would re do it all. tweeters are not hooked up either. and yes there is an LSD sitting back there. best money ever spent. it came open but i sourced a S4.27 so your good. new fluid, gasket and i cleaned the shit out of it with simple green.
                  Good to hear on the LSD! I tried to yank that fuckin' dual amp out to hook up my Rockford Prime, but the ground is too damn short and I can't even get my hand on the back side to unplug it. Also, I yanked out those 6x9s under the seats, and found that those were the only working speakers. I guess whoever it was took the wires from the front speakers, hooked some shitty 6x9s, and slid them under the seats. Genius me cut the driver side cable super short, but I left the passenger side long enough to rehook up one of the 6x9s so I have SOME sound other than my JBL sub. The back speakers don't work either :( I need to have the sound system redone professionally cause I don't know wtf is going on aside from my one 6x9 and sub now lol.

Thankfully the exhaust sounds good enough to make up for it :)

Comment

Good to hear on the LSD! I tried to yank that fuckin' dual amp out to hook up my Rockford Prime, but the ground is too damn short and I can't even get my hand on the back side to unplug it. Also, I yanked out those 6x9s under the seats, and found that those were the only working speakers. I guess whoever it was took the wires from the front speakers, hooked some shitty 6x9s, and slid them under the seats. Genius me cut the driver side cable super short, but I left the passenger side long enough to rehook up one of the 6x9s so I have SOME sound other than my JBL sub. The back speakers don't work either :( I need to have the sound system redone professionally cause I don't know wtf is going on aside from my one 6x9 and sub now lol.

Thankfully the exhaust sounds good enough to make up for it :)

yup brand new magna flow and a new mid pipe down there because the old one was rattling so i just replaced it all. kind of my theme with that car. but yeah i would pull everything with the sounds system and re do it all from scratch the PO really hack jobbed it and fucked it up. thats why i never messed with it cause it was too stupid to try.
                    i love bmws

Comment

yup brand new magna flow and a new mid pipe down there because the old one was rattling so i just replaced it all. kind of my theme with that car. but yeah i would pull everything with the sounds system and re do it all from scratch the PO really hack jobbed it and fucked it up. thats why i never messed with it cause it was too stupid to try.
                      So it's Magnaflow on there? The ad I answered for the car said FlowMaster, but I lack a jack to actually stick my head under and look for myself. Either way, it sounds NIIIICE! I kind of, uh...bottomed out pretty hard pulling into a parking lot, and dented the middle of the exhaust pipe >.< Nothing is loose or broken, but I know it's dented now :P What exactly is the muffler you put on it? I've got a friend with a 318TI with the same engine and his sounds like a raspy can of shit to be honest lol.

Comment

So it's Magnaflow on there? The ad I answered for the car said FlowMaster, but I lack a jack to actually stick my head under and look for myself. Either way, it sounds NIIIICE! I kind of, uh...bottomed out pretty hard pulling into a parking lot, and dented the middle of the exhaust pipe >.< Nothing is loose or broken, but I know it's dented now :P What exactly is the muffler you put on it? I've got a friend with a 318TI with the same engine and his sounds like a raspy can of shit to be honest lol.
                        I'm just gonna pm you tomorrow a list of everything i did to it i sent it to the last PO who sold it to you also. the guy that bought it from me was a dumb ass and didn't know shit and then sold it for a loss to the guy you bought it from. the kid only had it for like two months
                        i love bmws

Comment

Oh no, a stupid owner was between us >.< I hope he didn't do anything I'll find later

Comment

Oh no, a stupid owner was between us >.< I hope he didn't do anything I'll find later

He didn't know enough to do anything or have it long enough. You're good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            i love bmws

Comment

That looks like a very cool road to zip around on. I would hate getting stuck behind a slow driver the whole way.
                              1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                              1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                              E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Working...
                              X