Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Edit. YES after looking into it, it seems that deep creek took over after whitefish rifle Pistol clubs long benches got shut down by the development full of very big CA vacation homes on the other side of the "very big hill" figured out a range was "pointing" at them, about 7 or so years ago and deep creek has has continued the affiliation with the williamsport club

Here you go Philly guy, its north of Williamsport about 30 mins on rt14 then off to the east between Trout Run and Ralston. I used run up and down that stretch of 14 a lot about 6 or 7 years ago, and there used to be a little brown sign that said shooting range at the road you need to turn off on. Its prolly 8 or 9 miles back in from there.
    Pennsylvania, Original, 1000, Yard, Benchrest, Club, PA, pa1000yard.com, Williamsport, 1000 yard,bench rest,long range ,shooting, competitive, benchrest competition, benchrest rifle, 1000 yard rifle range, target shooting, world open, light gun class, heavy gun class, sanctioned, benchrest, competition, aggregate, group, score, report, northwest

Also not knocking on your rifle/set up at all, just trying point out some things to help you enjoy it a bit more, maybe avoid some things I leaned when putting my 1st long range heavy rifle together. Vortex dose make some good optics, though for a AT&T rifle you are wanting to push to longer ranges, I think you are going to be bit a disappointed in that optic and out grow the limits of its capability with that rifle much faster than you think. Or get very frustrated with it not holding zero due the optic it self not handling the recoil, or more likely as I see it now, the RINGS will not take it and be all over the place.

Notice the scope mount on my 300wm and thats a very heavy rifle at 17lbs loaded up and NO bipod
    _MG_6610 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

P3060106 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
    Thanks for pointers. Looks like I have alot more to learn.

I google the one in Williamport, it's a good 3-4 hour drive and it is a proper range. I also find a 300y range less than 2 hour sway at State game lands. So I may want to give that a try. This new hobby is already started to carry away.
    sigpic
    327is
    325es
    325es
    318is
    Fiesta ST
    E46 M3

Comment

I used to make it from Allentown, to willaimsport in about 3 hours right up the turnpike (476) to I80. So to that club would be about 4-5 hour ride for you from the conshockton area depending on traffic and construction.

Its easy to let this hobby run away with you, and it gets expensive fast especially with a these big heavy hitting calibers, at 2-3 bucks per bang.......... This WinMag is not going to be your 1st center fire cartridge is it????
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

In a full holster with slide/sights down grip toward front of car, between drivers seat and the trans tunnel down as low as you can get it to the seat rail, below the bolster of the seat is where I kept mine when I had an e30. As low as you can still get quick access to and get it out easily Its a little tight on bigger weapons, but if you use a soft type holster with the hook part of hook and loop affixed to the carpet side of the holster it holds there pretty good, and makes a convenient storage spot
        Thanks!
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Anyone here know the WA area North of Seattle? Im looking for a decent out door range to shoot my AR. Something thats at least 50-100 yards. I live in the Lynnwood area and the only outdoor range Iv found near me is a bit expensive and only lets you load one round at a time. Iv had my AR months now and have only shot it ones :(
          Kinda odd that so many people own fire arms in this state and it seams like decent places to go shoot them are so hard to find.
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

jump in your yota go east into the national forests and find yourself a spot or 2, good excuse to go exploring and what not while your at it, might even find a good fishing hole or 2
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

jump in your yota go east into the national forests and find yourself a spot or 2, good excuse to go exploring and what not while your at it, might even find a good fishing hole or 2
              Not a bad idea there.
              sigpic
              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Picked up something pretty cool. Colt decommissioned M45A1 CQBP. These were issued to the USMC and about 1,000 were sent back to Colt. Some heavily used and some NIB. Already have doubled in price :)

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I've been following the M45a1 thread on the 1911 forum I'm a member on.
                  Pretty cool pistols.

Heading to the range shortly with a buddy. Indoors today.....rainy/cold/raw in Chicago today.
                  Last edited by doorman; 04-30-2017, 11:16 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

Originally posted by doorman View Post
                    I've been following the M45a1 thread on the 1911 forum I'm a member on.
                    Pretty cool pistols.

Heading to the range shortly with a buddy. Indoors today.....rainy/cold/raw in Chicago today.
                    Wish I had bought more. Especially the used ones as then I could enjoy it without worrying about hurting value. I bought this one purely to flip. Waiting for prices to get up a bit more though
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Seen on FB, in love there, in love here.

Comment

Just ordered a spyderco triangle fine grade ceramic stone. Only $20 for the stone and it should work pretty well. Just trying my hand at stoning my old mil-spec AR trigger.

Got an ALG defense ACT trigger as a cheap holdover until I build a new 10.5-12" AR and the reset is pretty gritty. Going to practice on the cheap pos milspec trigger before I stone the reset on the ACT.

Also the cans we ordered finally showed up after 8 months. Silencerco Omega, Osprey, and a Liberty Regulator for .22/.17 HMR. Pretty hyped to shoot them next weekend.
                        89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                        I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Took the advice and went out to Sequim to explore the mountains with my brother and his Jeep XJ and do some shooting. Had a lot of fun! Next time I am bringing my truck along, and we will pack some food and spend more time on the trails. Saw a mail grouse walking around the forest but couldn't harvest it because I didnt know if it was legal plus I think hitting it with a 556 round would make it hamburger. Gotta get a 22.
                          Anyways, fun little video of my little brother dumping some rounds down range. It was his first time ever shooting a rifle.
                          I ordered a Vortex Strike Eagle that weekend and just got it mounted as well. Cant wait to get it zeroed and have some fun with it. In the pic I have it set up to co-witness with the back up sights, but I think I am going to remove those and just have the scope mounted up by itself. Less clutter, I can move the scope back a bit, and I don't need the redundancy.

sigpic

Comment

nice! Pics of cherokee? I have one as well.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Picking up a ruger 10/22 takedown on Monday from a friend of mine for my 6yr old son. ..... looking at a bushnell rimfire scope for it. Would you all scope a rifle for a kid learning to shoot? I am inclined to only let him use the irons for the first year or so.

Comment

learn the basics with irons then work up into the glass......

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X