Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Sessions is looking like he's going to get Secretary of defense.... LOL
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      Jeff Sessions is looking like he's going to get Secretary of defense.... LOL
      not going to lie, I dont know who the fig this guy is
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        So you dont think Christie or Juliani will end up in the cabinet?

and is Bannon really someone you want to have that much power? yikes...
        I don't think Christie will end up in the cabinet. Giuliani will, but again, he isn't establishment in the least.

I have zero problems with Bannon. In fact, I like him a ton. :D
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Not even a little shocked.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
            as you know all we can do is read the pro's and con's from people who are experts in climate science.

and if you actually do that you'll find there is no consensus
            please cite your source for this claim

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              So you dont think Christie or Juliani will end up in the cabinet?

and is Bannon really someone you want to have that much power? yikes...
              Breitbart is a gateway drug that leads to Stormfront addiction.
              past:
              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:
              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                please cite your source for this claim
                Common sense: 100 years of record keeping vs 4,543,000,000 years of the earth's existence.

100 years/4,543,000,000 years = 0.0000000201188641866608% of data to determine that humans created global climate change.

If you ask only the New England Patriots who the best team in the NFL is, you will get the Patriots as the answer. If someone on the team doesn't answer the Patriots, Belichick will fire them the next day.

And that's how you create consensus in the scientific community: box out anyone who says "hold on a minute guys."

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

VP Pence just got rid of lobbyists in the transition team

something Obama said he would do but never did
                  “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                    VP Pence just got rid of lobbyists in the transition team

something Obama said he would do but never did
                    Lotsa things Obama said he would do but never did ;-)

And knowing he still has two months to go, he's trying to do a few things so that Trump doesn't take credit for them when Trump will actually do it. Such as stopping the funding of Al Nusra djihadists in Syria. After all, Obama's administration spent 5 billions (yes, your tax payer money) and only trained 4 or 5 rebels... Where's the money and how come the 200 white Toyota Hi-Lux trucks purchased by this administration for the Syrian opposition ended up with ISIS?

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                      Or watch Costner's Water World.
                      that movie was utter flaming crap, and you're a bad person for recommending it

:P
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

Haha

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

i could never figure out why everyone looked like they were rolling in the dirt but lived on a water world
                          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

guy at this 1 site I work at, was so sure Hillary had it, he now goes to therapy lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                              I asked this before and you didn't answer: how do you decide which parts of the climate science are worth believing to be true and which are not? Why ice cores and not other sources?
                              I am not one to just take it on faith. I question everything, I was raised by scientific method people, and to consider all options before moving forward. Because of this I tend to suffer from analysis paralysis when making big decisions but I digress .

Like mentioned Ice cores, geologic data, and the fossil record are PHYSICAL things that can be studied and provide a nearly direct link to a snap shot of a period of time from which we were not there to witness and document. Even then they only provide very generalized information for periods of time ranging from couple of years to a couple of million years depending on what medium your are looking at. I put far more faith in these samples because of the fact they produce real data, not computer modeled projections and simulations based on the assumptions of those setting up the code for them.
                              When this comes up
                              Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

When the planet was "warming up, and cooling down" thousands (in reality hundreds of thousands to millions) of years ago it wasn't doing it in a fucking century, at the extreme rates its happening at now.
                              I pointed out that you settled science types own data sets from Ice Core data show that past climate shifts have taken place in a less than a decade in the past, so saying its happening too fast now and all previous shifts took much longer is directly contradictory to the hardest actual real data in existence, so....... Um yeah.

Like I said trying to claim X+Y=US when the true equation is likely to be much more like trying to prove 3 of the unsolved number theory equations in the same week. Couple that with the power and cash incentives involved with a particular out come, leave a lot of room for skepticism. There is far more at work here that we have little to NO understanding of the interactions and cycles that likely have a longer cycle than we humans have inhabited the planet, to say other wise is foolish and very narrow minded.

Until we understand all facets of the problem at hand, and how they interact and affect each other, makes solving the problem very difficult, and choosing a course of action prematurely may have adverse effects. Like you love to point out correlation does not mean causation, that a little picky and chosey if you ask me how you go about applying that mantra.

TL/DR
                              Still way too much about our climate, and what drives it and how everything interacts with each other WE DONT UNDERSTAND or even KNOW yet, thanks to working with about 0.000000000002% of the planets historic climate data being recorded accurately to be calling the science settled. Its like trying to predict whos going to win the supper bowl in 2220 by watching the kicker take 1 step toward the ball to kick off the 1st game in NFL history
                              Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-18-2016, 04:38 PM.
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

so much for that bullshit line about "I don't settle cases, on principle" thing, I guess

at least obama waited until he was actually in office before he started walking back claims made on the campaign trail
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X