Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Leather World Tech dye restoration (before/after)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
    not necessarily long term, but to update this thread I'm 2 months into using it. Keep in mind I use this car daily, and it has ppl constantly coming in/out of the seats.

As far as the deep cracks (the ones almost sliced thru), are reappearing which i expected, but the smaller cracks are holding up very well. If you're a perfectionist this repair not be right for you (not to say that I'm not b/c I'm the biggest OCD person there is)....but these superficial cracks don't bother me. weird.

Just snapped some pics now of its current state after 2 months of use:

and this is the worst of it...which was the bolster that was really far gone. You can see the cracks are resurfacing, but still not as bad as it was to start with.

Currently dying my seats too with the same kitbut I ran out of dye so I need to get more. Did you use their low gloss dye or the semi gloss? I have the low gloss but its a bit matte for my liking. Havnt seen any pics of the semi gloss but which did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
      Bumping this thread. I bought the same kit (except with 32oz of dye) and gave it a go. Used this as a reference starting out, but the kit comes with instructions. Worked great! Thanks for posting this op.
      these looks fantastic. What color is this? Natural?
      I have an '87 vert w\ sports and do not know the exact color.

-Angelo

Comment

I just found my color in the sticky staring me in the face. Pearl Beige.
        Are these Pearl Beige?

Comment

Picking up some seats this weekend that need some love, will definitely be buying this kit! I'll make sure to put up before and after pics when I'm done.
          '84 325e Lapis Blue - i Engine Swap
          '91 325ix Diamond Black
          '05 X5 4.4i Black Sapphire
          '89 325ix Zinno Red - SOLD
          '91 325i S50 Sterling Silver - SOLD
          '92 325ic Lagoon Green - The donor - RIP

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloF10 View Post
            I just found my color in the sticky staring me in the face. Pearl Beige.
            Are these Pearl Beige?
            Tough to tell from the "before" pic whether the leather is Natural or Pearl Beige, but the "after" pic looks like neither one. May be the lighting, but that does not look like an OEM leather color.
            1992 325i Cabrio
            1988 320i Touring
            2000 M5
            1977 530i
            2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
            BMWCCA
            E30CCA

Comment

Finally getting started. Can't figure out why some areas just don't want to take color.
              Attached Files
              sigpicMy Project!

Official North Texas Bimmers Club E30 Representative

www.BimmerAlliance.net

"If you have questions about events or need help in the DFW area don't be afraid to contact me."

Comment

I think I'm just going to get it best I can and if I decide to do better I'll just get the seats recovered when I got cash money...
                sigpicMy Project!

www.BimmerAlliance.net

"If you have questions about events or need help in the DFW area don't be afraid to contact me."

Comment

Looks better, not perfect, but if I want it better I think I'll just get seats recovered.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpicMy Project!

www.BimmerAlliance.net

Comment

Great results, has anyone done a color change? I have a line on tan seats I'd like to make match my blue interior.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I didn't use this company, but I did gray to cardinal red. It came out great. I can't imagine this company would have any different of a result. Here you can see the gray headrest matching the unfaded section of leather. (Oddly, cardinal red fades to a dark cherry red.) I used an airbrush for application.

AWD > RWD

Comment

wow. great job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                          I didn't use this company, but I did gray to cardinal red. It came out great. I can't imagine this company would have any different of a result. Here you can see the gray headrest matching the unfaded section of leather. (Oddly, cardinal red fades to a dark cherry red.) I used an airbrush for application.
                          Which product did you use?
                          sigpic
                          January 2012 COTM

Comment

Came in today

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                            '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                            '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                              Which product did you use?
                              Leather repair, Leather Restoration, leather care products, leather cleaners, leather conditioners. Put the MAGIC back in to your leather!

And it should really be called leather paint, not leather dye. It doesn't penetrate the leather at all. Sanding the leather and "opening up the pores" as they direct in the instructions is simply for the paint to adhere better. Don't be fooled. It works great on seats, not so much on a shift knob. I tried "dying" a zhp knob to match the interior and it didn't really hold up.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

This is really tempting to do this to my old sport seats I just pulled out of my E30 before I post them for sale.
                                Bryan - 1989 325i S50 swapped /1990 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Working...
                                X