No announcement yet.

Lets talk radiators. Behr VS Nissens VS Mishimoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The e28 radiator didn't cool my m30 very well fwiw, but it probably is a hell of a lot more hot/humid down here
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

The Mishimoto I purchased for my Mini blew after less than a month, then after paying for the warranty replacement I had to wait 3 months before I finally called to find out that it was back ordered for another 3 months...

No refund, apology, discount, nothing at all...

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
        The e28 radiator didn't cool my m30 very well fwiw, but it probably is a hell of a lot more hot/humid down here
        So, what rad did you end up with?
        Originally posted by Andy.B
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
          So, what rad did you end up with?
          I just did an s54 swap instead.

It wasn't overheating, the fan was just running a lot. I think the e36 m3 radiator or M-coupe radiator would be a better option, but I know clearance is tight with those
          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

stock radiators are fine. for the cost ($120?) they'll last 5x longer than Chinese aluminum radiators (even if they come with a warranty).

I'd go with the Z3M S54 radiator if you want extra cooling capacity.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              stock radiators are fine. for the cost ($120?) they'll last 5x longer than Chinese aluminum radiators (even if they come with a warranty).

I'd go with the Z3M S54 radiator if you want extra cooling capacity.
              I put these in all my cars....even the e34....yes it fits with OEM parts too.
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Kickass. Thanks!
                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Z3M S54 rad...
                  what are the dimensions like in comparison to the E28 535 rad?
                  I need as much clearance as possible
                  Originally posted by flyboyx
                  i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

It is considerably thicker, but that's the problem with the e28 radiator. You either get the clearance, or better cooling. I would move the motor back and run the biggest radiator you can. Are you swapping a b34 or b35?
                    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Here's what I'm working with. It's about 3/8". This is a m20 rad for mocking. I get the feeling I'm pretty far back around position 3. Any idea how much thicker the z3 one is? b34 btdubs on this one. I don't remember what incarnation Mr. Burns was swapping in.

~~~~~~~~~~
                      I was born on 3/25…
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Ether that's decent. Throw on the plugs and you might make it.
                        I'm as far back as I can go insofar as the the engine/firewall will permit.
                        I'll hammer in another inch or so up around/below fan panel for good measure.

Jb325is im running a b35
                        Originally posted by flyboyx
                        i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

switch to MS3 and run COP. then you don't need that silly cap/rotor any more. :p
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The pulley to radiator clearance is about the same, but yeah. I'll most likely end up doing wasted spark on MS2.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~
                            I was born on 3/25…
                            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

in heavy stop and go traffic during the summer and the heat wave a few weeks ago in LA + a pep boys 14" fan i barely crept over the half way mark with the nissens and the behr e28 radiator.

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                              did you have ac/condensor?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                                Here's what I'm working with. It's about 3/8". This is a m20 rad for mocking. I get the feeling I'm pretty far back around position 3. Any idea how much thicker the z3 one is? b34 btdubs on this one. I don't remember what incarnation Mr. Burns was swapping in.

No you've got me curious, I recently had aluminum radiators made for the E9 coupe. I'm wondering if it might be a good choice here (dimensions were different/similar to e9/e12/e28 radiators).
                                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
                                X