Megasquirt firmware update failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt firmware update failure

Hey y'all, so I was updated my firmware from 3.4.0 to 3.4.2 and about 70% through It stopped and said an error has occurred and said to start over. So I tried however my computer or the run exe program is not picking up MS anymore. I ran the right firmware file for Windows 32 and its on COM 3 and the program search com3 and finds nothing.

Possible problem
    -megasquirt has no firmware on it currently, meaning it can't communicate cause it's just a board with no software right now?

- is there a way to hard reset the ms2?

Also I am currently running a Pnp from WhodWho

Any input would be helpful!
    sigpic

You will need to try the boot jumper and reflash and follow the prompts, here is a pic of where to jump it JPR7 you can just use a paperclip and pull it when prompted

My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

So much using the guide from diyautotune.com to reflash the Ecu. I've jumped JPR7 and have the b&g board still plugged in. Using hyper terminal it knows when I apply power to the ms unit but I'm not getting the boot prompt that is explained in the manual. The baud rate and port and details are right up to that point. Is there the way I'm supposed to reflash my Ecu? Or am I missing something

Thanks!
      sigpic

Comment

Wait scratch that. I'm writing the new firmware now. Will update if it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Comment

Update. so to reflash the Ecu The diyautotune directions seems to be out dated. Just attach a jumper to jpr7 as instructed and then run the windows32 exe firmware again and it should recognize the megasquirt on whatever comm it's connected to. Then follow the command prompt directions and it should load the firmware. Thanks a bunch for your input Keith! Also since I took apart the board I saw it said launch control but I wasn't exactly sure which one to jump or wire in to hook it up to a switch, do I need a template with extra pin outs to figure it out? [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X