Turbo woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by varg View Post
    Well it is cast aluminum, highly unlikely you'll be able to bend it without breaking it in any case. I'd like to know how they got knocked out of spec in the first place. I know a guy who I caught a while back bending his adjustable cast aluminum brake lever by heating and bending it. He had lowsided the bike and ridden it home with a wonky lever so he wanted to "fix" it. I did him a favor and mid-explanation snapped it off in front of him with surprisingly little effort, as a way of telling him he should put the stock one back on until he could replace the adjustable. That's a good way to kill yourself, bending your cast aluminum brake lever twice then riding with it.
    They do bend some without breaking, but more importantly, the mounting holes are much larger than the bolt threads - BMW left room for adjustment. ;)

For some reason the Motronic doesn't mind a large gap, unlike the MS. I have suggested this many times on the forums, it's common.
    Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 12-05-2016, 03:57 PM.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      For some reason the Motronic doesn't mind a large gap, unlike the MS. I have suggested this many times on the forums, it's common.
      Well you know as well as I; that's the difference between a production EMS designed by a team of engineers with a big budget and all of the test equipment in the business, and an adaptable EMS designed by a few dedicated engineers to be built from cheap kits.

I suspect with a better VR conditioner circuit or more time spent tuning the stock one, MS could tolerate the same range of sensor gap adjustment.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 1-26

Comment

Not just MS. Almost all of the stand alone computers have done this to me one way or another. Remember that yellow 951 (944)? lol.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I am just happy the car revs to 7000rpm might I say it pretty quick too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hey whats up guys more turbo woes cant seem to get the afr reading threw whodwho built
            ecu.anyone have this problem been trying for a while now.

Comment

check your ground and sensor on the wideband. either could be bad.
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                check your ground and sensor on the wideband. either could be bad.

Don't think it's the ground I think it's some with the megasquirt got to contact Keith

Comment

Hey what wideband are you using? Did you wire it through the stock sensor plug?
                  Is there a seperate wb gauge

Comment

Originally posted by kyleconstantine View Post
                    Hey what wideband are you using? Did you wire it through the stock sensor plug?
                    Is there a seperate wb gauge

I am using aem I did wire it through the stock sensor plug and yes it powered up fine. I also
                    Ran the Analog signal wire from the gauge to the
                    Signal wire that goes to the ecu but for some reason it seem like the not seeing the signal.

Comment

Working...
                    X