Help a 17 year old buy his first car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
    Is there anybody near Chicago that's willing to check this car out for me?
    My Feedback

Comment

post pics of your GF

naow

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        Is there anybody near Chicago that's willing to check this car out for me?
        OP can check it out, and he'll even bring his girlfriend to hold the flashlight.

Comment

If you can save up another grand you'd probably bet set to get a pretty ok vert. With little monies thats the route I would go.

Comment

find a car in a pasture. rip the interior out if its nasty and enjoy it man! in high school its super hard to not stress, and having a car you are always trying to keep minty is going to take a toll. a shit paint e30 drives just the same.

$500 for a car that may not run
            $200 title fees and registration
            $300 for engine maintenance and ebay chip
            $400 new front control arms and m3 solid offset bushings and new tie rod ends (all OE parts prices)
            $100 used lowering springs
            $250 for limited slip diff

under $2,000 and you have a sweet a ride that will perform and be reliable.

always remember to have money to put away, these cars DO BREAK DOWN :)

Comment

I'm guessing Bavarianobsession Dosent have a ton of mechanical experience so getting a non running e30 is probably not the way to go. I was just looking in my Baltimore area though and there's a few auto etas with crap paint that are up for a little more then a g.

Comment

Disclaimer: I didn't read a word of your original post.

With that said...

I would suggest joining the Midwest E30 Classifieds page on Facebook. Some great deals have passed through that site, for ~$1500. Keep an eye on Craigslist in your surrounding areas constantly and you'll find something.

Pro tip 1:

You get what you pay for. If you buy a 1500 E30 whether its a good deal or not it's highly likely going to be a piece of shit that will require an additional 1500-250230823 worth of maintenance.

Pro tip 2:

Start with a nice chassis. Parts are cheap and easy to change. Rust and paint aren't easy/cheap to fix.

Pro tip 3:

Informational Link
                1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                X