Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are vendors responsible to deal with their shipper if the package has issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are vendors responsible to deal with their shipper if the package has issues?

When you buy online do you expect the seller to stand behind their shipping choice when the package is lost, slow or never shows in possession of the shipper (per tracking given)?
    Absolutely
    35.71%
    Yes if tracking does not show in possession of the shipper
    50.00%
    Only after a reasonable period.
    0.00%
    No they shipped they are done
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by parkerbink; 04-20-2017, 08:12 PM.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

What do you mean by shipping choice?
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Generally when you have insurance on a package its up to the recipient to file the claim and such, if that it was your referring to. Since its the rightful owner.

THere has been times when i sell boots, a few weeks goes by, they start a claim saying it wasnt shipped, i enter tracking info and it closes the case. Its a risk you take, when you buy. i know many people who had wheels damaged. They were the ones who had to file

I generally work with the person, like give them 50% off a new set, and use a diff shipper, since id go broke sending 15 sets to someone
      Last edited by Matt-B; 04-20-2017, 10:42 PM.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

The shipper as a rule chooses the company that they ship with. (Some offer choices for various service speeds)

I just mean the provider that is chosen.

It has been my experience at the claim level the shipping company generally needs to hear from the shipper as they are their client.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

right, but foran issue and damages, that goes to the receiver. any time customers had an issue, they had to deal with people

and when i called, they always ask is it your shipment, if no, have receiver contact us

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Legally speaking, if the shipper has proof of shipment, they are not responsible.

Ethically.... its a moving target. Back when I handled more of this, I generally helped out. This was assuming the caller was pleasant and reasonable. Often that would mean shipping the order again, putting trust that the receiver would let me know if the original package showed up.

In this amazon age, people forget that there is a two-way relationship between the buyer and seller. If you are reasonable, chances are they will be as well. If one is a prick, well ..... expect the same. (oh the story's I could tell)....
            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
              Legally speaking, if the shipper has proof of shipment, they are not responsible.

Ethically.... its a moving target. Back when I handled more of this, I generally helped out. This was assuming the caller was pleasant and reasonable. Often that would mean shipping the order again, putting trust that the receiver would let me know if the original package showed up.

In this amazon age, people forget that there is a two-way relationship between the buyer and seller. If you are reasonable, chances are they will be as well. If one is a prick, well ..... expect the same. (oh the story's I could tell)....
              Pretty much. Everyone seems to expect cheap, fast shipping. I have ran in to it a few times where people want it shipped via the cheapest possible, then get all uptight when it takes a week or two to get across the country..

Hell, I remember the old days when you would order stuff via mail order, and the common response was "wait 4-6 weeks for arrival!"
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                Generally when you have insurance on a package its up to the recipient to file the claim and such, if that it was your referring to. Since its the rightful owner.

THere has been times when i sell boots, a few weeks goes by, they start a claim saying it wasnt shipped, i enter tracking info and it closes the case. Its a risk you take, when you buy. i know many people who had wheels damaged. They were the ones who had to file

I generally work with the person, like give them 50% off a new set, and use a diff shipper, since id go broke sending 15 sets to someone
                Most shipping insurance will ONLY talk to the shipper.
                2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                  this is true too. We are having an issue with some Hartge parts that were shipped from German - got to Kent, Washington (the black hole of USPS shipping) and sat for 2 weeks. Then they said they couldn't deliver because they didn't know the address.

So then they shipped it back to Germany, but then Germany is rerouting it back to the US. We are TWO MONTHS in the clusterf*ck now!

The shipper/seller has been good about communicating and trying to do anything he can from his end - but sometimes, the Postal Service just does what ever tha F*CK they want. We don't hold anything against the shipper, he had no control over it, and we have shipped many, many parts the same way, and to the same address. But every once and while the Postal Service does this... So then what? As long as it shows movement in their system, they won't do anything.

And honestly, if wasn't for the fact they are unobtainable parts (Hartge vert rear valance panels) we wouldn't be as upset. But basically, we have a whole build waiting on these...
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                    To add to this, I found out the hard way that a lot of shippers such as FedEx and UPS have their insurance set up to ONLY cover the cost of a package if its lost, not damaged.

UPS stated to me directly that the only way they cover the damage of a package is if you let UPS package up your items for you.

Interesting tid bit that would have saved me from making an $8000 mistake at work last year.
                    Steve • Toronto
                    1991 318is • Brillantrot
                    Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X