Gran Turismo 4 help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gran Turismo 4 help?

I'm thinking I'm going to start my GT4 game over again, I seem to have hit a rut. I transferred over the $100k, and went right out an bought an E46 M3, modded it all out, and did a few races, but now my car won't keep up with the others in most races, and I'm moree or less out of money. It sucks.

I need some advice. First off, what's a good car / mods to start out with? Second, what races should I be doing first, to win cars and money? Third, should I be selling the cars I win right off, or should I be saving them for upcoming races that may need them? I'm just lost, because I've got really no idea which races I should be doing first, or what cars I should be running.

race the capri rally, sell the car you get. race it again, sell the car you get. you will accumulate a lot of credits this way.

Comment

Originally posted by graphik
      race the capri rally, sell the car you get. race it again, sell the car you get. you will accumulate a lot of credits this way.
      I'm assuming a rally car isn't needed, since I have no money left.

Comment

any car can be used... only limitation is sport tires.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Cool, maybe I'll give a that a whirl, and see if I can pull my game out of the shitter without having to restart.

Comment

If you have a modded M3.... all I can say is to take that race SLOWLY. Not as much as the first race, you are still racing in tight roads and those 5 second penalties are a bitch.

You'll be racing a somewhat stock -80s Renault "Turbo*..... so your opponent shouldnt give you any trouble.
            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

lol, I cant help but think, did you think of this when I asked you on AIM if you had the game? :P
              Im getting back into it myself, but I only transfered the licenses and like 10k, so I had to buy a '93 RX7, and did mods in the wrong order (power before handling) and it handles like shit! Right now I'm beating my head against the wall with license tests trying to get at LEAST silvers, if not golds. The prize cars for all golds are pretty cool, less cool for the smaller medals :roll:

Comment

if you haven't beat the beginner races yet i'd work on those to aquire some more cars. So far i'm 45% done or something and havne't sold a car that i've won yet. It's come in handy so far.

You could also work on the Missions. i think for every 10 or so you finish you get a car.

Good luck!

P.S. -- As soon as you have a car fast enough to win the Nurburgring 24 Hours Endurance race do it...the Formula car is badass.

Comment

Originally posted by graphik
                  Holy god, you weren't fucking kidding... :shock:

Thanks for the tips, fellas.

Comment

Working...
                  X