Kegerators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kegerators

Has anyone here ever built a keggerator? I've been thinking about getting one that holds a pony keg for some time. Rather than buying, I'd rather build something unique. I've seen kits out there for about $200, you just have to find a fridge. Any ideas on maybe integrating something with the bimmer trends? It could be "The Bimmerator"
    -Brandon
    '86 325es S50
    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

I have not seen one. Is it just a keg that is refrigerated? Got a pic?

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
      I have not seen one. Is it just a keg that is refrigerated? Got a pic?
      It's a fridge that can hold a keg, and the tap pokes out the top of the fridge.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

if you buy an actual keggorator they go for like 300+.. myroomates and i looked into it at a local restaurant supply store. The kit to make them isn't that expensive, and hte process is pretty easy. Next year that is likely what we'll do. Meanwhile, its just a garbage can full of ice and a pump tap ;)
        PNW Crew
        90 m3
        06 m5

Comment

check your local papers for resaurant or bar auctions, I got one with a cool tap handle and all foe $120, but bring a loading truck thing and tools because they are usually mounted to thing or to the ground, also you can get neon beer signs for cheap too, also if they sell like the bar as a lot, ask the buyer if he is willing to sell seperately, thats what I did - Graham

Comment

We went to Lowes and Home Depot yesterday, looking for a fridge. It looks like it could be hard to find a fridge that a pony will fit in. Most of the small fridges are about 1/4" too narrow. We saw a cool Igloo one with a fake diamond plate steel front, which would have gone along well with the BMW theme, but would probalby have to cut a bit of the plastic out of it.

My most recent thoughts on it are to integrate an old BMW chrome door handle to open it, and a Z4 side marker/emblem that is lit using the power from the light socket inside the fridge.
            -Brandon
            '86 325es S50
            '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
            '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
            '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
            S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Working...
            X