• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stamar View Post
    engine facts...

an sr20 has 120 hp 120 tq

an m20 has 168 /165

an m20 is featured in mobil 1s million mile commercial. very reliable.

sr20 has dohc port injection distributer ignition. Meaning, its one step ahead of an m20, its actually one small step behind an m42 in modern automobile technology but overall very similar. a 2.0 liter m42 would almost exactly be an sr20 they are so similar.

no vvti vanos ( which are over rated anyway)

Ok the point of these facts is just this... no matter what you value, theres an engine in a e30 thats already better.

If you want gas mileage get one with an m42. if you want power get one with an m20.
    way cheaper than a motor swap.

Or you may find the perfect medium is.... the eta you already have lol. Same gas mileage with more torque. your eta with the 3.73 differential would take off way better.

I do not believe a sr20 can compete with a m20 b27 other than top end.
    SR20DET which is from the S-chassis (205hp) , you are thinking of the SR20VE and SR20DE which are for FWD applications.

Comment

I also have a sr20det powered e30. I like it alot, and hasn't broken down on me. Haven't snapped a rocker, spun a bearing, or blown a head gasket after 4 years. It's light, aftermarket is huge and fairly cheap. I vote sr. Purists will and do hate. But haters gon' hate. Do what you want with it, and don't worry about others opinions.
      1984 318i
      sr20det swapped

Comment

f20c/f22c ...... VTEC POWAAA!!!! high revving goodness..
        "I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad" -Henry Thoreau-
        1991 318is - the cruiser
        1989 325i - the rats nest

Comment

Little reviving here.

How would 1JZ-GTE effect handling compared to SR20DET?
          I believe they are 200 kg and 150 kg respectively.

In terms of track application.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmckie View Post
            f20c/f22c ...... VTEC POWAAA!!!! high revving goodness..
            I like the way this guy thinks

Originally posted by wholethingoff View Post
            Little reviving here.

How would 1JZ-GTE effect handling compared to SR20DET?
            I believe they are 200 kg and 150 kg respectively.

In terms of track application.
            umm what kinda track application ? If road/autox type stuff i would imagine the SR20 would work better just due to the weight

Comment

Originally posted by Eurotrash727 View Post
              I like the way this guy thinks

umm what kinda track application ? If road/autox type stuff i would imagine the SR20 would work better just due to the weight
              Yeah. Damn. I thought so too.

Comment

m20
                1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

m20b27i is fun low end torque and high end power(for what it is)would be fun if you slapped an 885 head on ur eta block with a 173 chipped ecu.
                  i have a seta with a 885 head and a unchipped 173 ecu. It was fun while the head gasket held up. don't know what went wrong (honestly probably just a bad install job on my end) i am also currently debating wether to throw in bimmerhead regrind, 19lb injectors, and a custom sssquid chip and then tune it (all i need now is the cam and tune) or just pull everything and slap in an sr20t?? love the m20 setup (the purist part of me) but also am very curious on how the sr would do.

Comment

Lol, thread from the dead
                    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

The only acceptable non Bmw engine in a e30 is a GM LS engine

But between M30 S52 M60 S54 it will suit just about just anybodys fancy if you need insane power turbo m30 or LS with bolt ons or forced induction

putting a Toyota V8 in a BMW is just stupid
                      1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                      2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                      2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinl View Post
                        The only acceptable non Bmw engine in a e30 is a GM LS engine

But between M30 S52 M60 S54 it will suit just about just anybodys fancy if you need insane power turbo m30 or LS with bolt ons or forced induction

putting a Toyota V8 in a BMW is just stupid
                        I don't see why a 2jz is not acceptable, I'll eat any of the engines you listed in your post...

Comment

Originally posted by Randy2400 View Post
                          I don't see why a 2jz is not acceptable, I'll eat any of the engines you listed in your post...
                          You have an odd diet, sir.
                          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

el es.

Originally posted by blunttech
                            Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

I'm in the middle of organising an SR20 swap for an e30.

What are people using for brake master cylinders and reservoirs?
                              '90 318is

Comment

Working...
                              X