X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
    But a 2JZ turbo engine isn't....
    ?????
    I'd never put either a S52 or 2JZ in my car but if forced to choose... Yeh I'd take the 2JZ with a huge turbo strapped to it ...

I was merely mentioning the 2JZ in my post since the OP was talking about a 1JZ ...
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Has anyone ever noticed the phrase "my cousin said" has never proceeded an intelligent statement?

Originally posted by stamar View Post
      engine facts...

an sr20 has 120 hp 120 tq

an m20 has 168 /165
      Gonna go ahead and interject, I'm fairly willing to assume that the OP was looking at an SR20DET, quite a bit of a different animal than the engine in your mom's sentra. You're looking at about ~225 hp out of the turbo lump.

an m20 is featured in mobil 1s million mile commercial. very reliable.
      Ah, yea. Oil commercials are what I base my decisions on. Rocker arms made of glass and 50k timing belts what?

no vvti vanos ( which are over rated anyway)
      Um, no. Mid range torque is a nice thing.

I do not believe a sr20 can compete with a m20 b27 other than top end.
      Psst. Do a few more minutes on google next time.

-Charlie
      Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
      '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
      FYYFF

Comment

no actually the op said sr20 not turbo , several times.

not an sr20 det which I posted in question, or a sr20vet is very expensive, from the nissan gt( fast and the furious i have a feeling you watch it a lot) it wasnt available in us made cars.

none of your facts are straight or relevant to this thread.

a b27 is i believe in stock form 100/170 so its stronger in stock form already so it would be a downgrade.
        Has google told you something different? Share it with everyone. In stock form a sr20 cannot compete with a b27, much older engine. in top speed it could it has more hp.

The engine in a sentra isnt even a sr20 it is a sr20ve, sr20 is sometihng from the early mid 90s for the most part.
        Yes I owned a car with one, thats why I have it all straight. I even wrote out all the engine initials. As a matter of fact I drove an sr20 for several years and I drive a e30 now, Ive driven a b27 too so I know first hand its a downgrade. I drove an infiniti g20 which weighs about the same as an e30, I pretty much have a extremely good idea of what an e30 with an sr20 would drive like would you like to take any notes?

Go ahead and look at google a few minutes before you post flaming wetodd.

Read with comprehension, and be positive you have something to add. Everyone just read your whole post, and it exactly copies the facts in mine.
        You got so excited to post something you forgot you had nothing to add!

Dont post in the car forum unless you have something to share. The whole extent of your post is that the m20 is unreliable perhaps or that vanos kicks ass. But neither of those opinions are related with any coherent facts and they dont really matter much either way. neither engine has vanos vvti so I pointed them out as equal. Basically skip it.

the most relevant thing I got is that the m20 has timing belts and the sr20 does not. A valid plus minus. But actually, I dont think you know whether or not the sr20 has a timing belt or you dont know how to write a sentence describing it.
        Do way more work man or just read please. Thanks. You even took the time to put my post in quotes, yet your response was so vapid and worthless. just a bad flame with no facts or education. You did not even describe anything to the op about any of the engine swaps involved. I dont believe you actually know anything about the cars and engines.

And google is extremely important. I dont even want to read a post in a car forum from someone who doesnt check their facts with google. I wish there was a flag, and then Id just skip it. Like Id see yours:" this post has no relevant facts just copies other posts and flames."
        i have a fascinating aside that google has a beta reader program that can look at an entire page like this and verify which facts are bs. Im down with that thats an end to bs once and for all.

probably a lot more silence in bsing threads like this.
        Last edited by stamar; 03-11-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xat1cZ View Post
          I'd never put either a S52 or 2JZ in my car but if forced to choose... Yeh I'd take the 2JZ with a huge turbo strapped to it ...

I was merely mentioning the 2JZ in my post since the OP was talking about a 1JZ ...
          Excuse me, but you're from Finland where everybody drive 600whp e30's.
          Of course the s52 is like an m10 to your standards.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I did just remind myself
            that if anyone wants an e30 with a sr20, that the first generation infiniti g20 is as close to a sr20 e30 as it gets although it is fwd.

wikipedia the p10. On the used market its extremely undervalued, and overall is much cheaper than an sr20 engine much less swapping one into an e30.

it is lighter slightly. it is a competitor to the e30 318 and decent but inferior ( but probably more reliable)

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
              Excuse me, but you're from Finland where everybody drive 600whp e30's.
              Of course the s52 is like an m10 to your standards.
              nah man that's Sweden you're thinking of .. Finland is the poor bastard hillbilly neighbour

jk and not questioning your geography ;) .. yeh we can put turbos in our cars too :roll:. But to me it seems odd to choose a S52 when it took me 5 seconds to find s50B32's for ~3k euro .. I don't know what S52's go for (german ebay deny it's existence) but I can't imagine them being that much less ... they still are M engines too .... I guess :nice:

EDIT: not looking down on the E30 S52 guys out there , ofc 250hp in a light E30 is sufficient in many areas but for a little more $ you get so much more fun !
              Last edited by Xat1cZ; 03-11-2012, 01:26 PM.
              ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

To me, both options are dumb (mainly because I'm a motor purist).

Boost the damn M20 and call it a day.
                1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Sorry but more boost more probs. I HAVE a sr20det and have had to spend over a grand building alone to repair a spun bearing. Na power is the way to go if you want mild power. I've been thru a handful of boosted motors and after all my $$$ spent it has still almost been counterproductive. Can't say I would want another boosted motor for a daily. Project yes, daily no. You'll prob come off cheaper anyway building your stock 6 than putting a nonbmw motor in and STILL having to rebuild to get your sr/1jz whatev into running condition.
                  Last edited by Hans Gruber; 03-11-2012, 02:49 PM.
                  My Pleasure:02 Honda 954, 02 Fronty 4x4
                  My Pain:91 BMW E30, 90 S13(sr'd)

"granthr said: ↑
                  I mention Metric Mechanic because it is a great way to empty your wallet to get unverified horsepower gains."

Comment

^wait you have an sr20 in a e30 or are you talking about your s13. If you have one in your e30 then i need to talk to you..
                    Originally posted by blunttech
                    Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                    :shock:

Comment

3UZ-FE

That is all.
                      sigpic

Comment

1MZ-FE, or 1UZ-FE would be a good engine swap if you were so inclined.

All alloy 3.0 V6, or all alloy 4.0 V8.

3UZ-FE would be sweet but they would be pretty damn expensive compared to most other engines.
                        M20B23 Euro 323i - The Legend Of Ron Burgundrot

Comment

3UZ-FE on ITB's.

Comment

The 1uz and 2uz are steel blocks with alloy heads that is why I said 3uz lol.

That picture is sweet as, do want.

Have you got your v6 out yet?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
                              The 1uz and 2uz are steel blocks with alloy heads that is why I said 3uz lol.

That picture is sweet as, do want.

Have you got your v6 out yet?
                              Only the 2UZ-FE(SUV/Truck spec) is steel block. 1UZ-FE is all alloy.

Haven't been able to, my dad's been away so the workshop is locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by OniKyan View Post
                                Only the 2UZ-FE(SUV/Truck spec) is steel block. 1UZ-FE is all alloy.

Haven't been able to, my dad's been away so the workshop is locked up.
                                Really how weird that they went from all alloy to mix back to all alloy. Well can't wait to see the v6 in the E30.

We just bought a house on the weekend at Paravista, so hopefully will start a ground up rebuild some time this year.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X